Senior Software Engineer/Wealth & Personal Banking IT
Pune, INDIA IT development
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer.
Department: - ( Customer & Product )
In this role, you will:
· This role requires the applicant to take ownership of assigned tasks and execute them as per agreed timelines and with minimal supervision.
· Monitor service availability of all Staff channels applications in the estate, be proactive in reporting failures and reaching out to support teams to prevent crisis situations.
· Should have knowledge on UNIX/SQL/Java Basics should be required to perform Incident trouble shooting.
· Experience in monitoring tools like APPD/Splunk is must to perform real time data monitoring.
· Knowledge on Server Capacity and Control-m Scheduling tool is an added advantage.
· Identify opportunities to improve processes as per business needs and operational efficiency goals with supporting reports with data.
· Understand and undertake relevant changes in the estate as well as work towards continual improvement to existing services.
· Be responsible for escalations to different parties within and outside HSBC. Report on service availability, record and log issues in a timely and clear manner, as well as to communicate to branch and all interested parties.
· Review and understand information produced by other IT Service Management teams.
· Actively engage in continuous improvement objectives defined by the IT Service Management managers.
· Support daily activities to ensure policy and standards are enforced within Selfservice all while ensuring compliance.
· Undertake analysis and follow-up of service performance, incident and change data to identify and address trends and patterns of disruption/failure.
· Build and support effective working relationships and engage with key stakeholders to proactively drive enduring operational Service protection & Quality improvements and accountability.
· Provide consulting services to various stakeholder groups to communicate and educate on best practices.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
· Candidate should be at least a graduate in any discipline with 24 months of IT experience
· Self-driven, proactive and the ability to work under pressure to deliver results within timescales with quality.
· Ability to prioritize and deliver service, to agreed service levels, within a diverse and constantly changing technical environment.
· Strong analytical skills to quickly assess situations, their impact and options for resolution with high level of judgment and decision-making skills.
· Enthusiasm for new technologies and change.
· Good working knowledge of AWS,Jenkins suite of applications
· Strong interpersonal skills & great stakeholder management.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· To work in 24/7 environment and under Rota
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by – HSBC Software Development India