The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer.
• One of the key members to deliver technical transformations like IKP adoption, data model simplification
• Bring up teammates as senior dev
• Present and communciate the proposal and progress to UK manager.
Core Technical Requirements:
• Excellent core Java skills;
• Hands on experience of unix scripting (bash/ksh)
• Experience on Spring / Spring Boot /Cloud
• Experience on building RESTful services;
• Experience on automation test
• Experience with ORACLE database;
• Understand software engineering best practices
• Familar with Agile development
• Understand practices like pair programming and code review.
• Good understanding of concurrency, multi-threading;
• Experience with Microservices architecture and distribute applications;
• Experience on Front-end development and framework (e.g React.js)
• Experience on developing application using NoSQL(MongoDB) and or Graph databases
• Familiar with TDD/BDD, hands on experence of cucumber
• Familiar with CI/CD and toolings (e.g. Git / Jenkins / Maven / Ansible / Cloud Build etc )
• Familiar with Cloud Native developing
• At least 2 years HSBC GCP project experience
• Experience to work on ETL and big query
• Fluent English (oral & written)
• With passion to coding
• Willing and good at learning new techniques
• Can work independently
• Team Player
Nice to Have:
• Experience on K8s and docker is a plus
• Faimilar with Node.js
• Familiar with APM tool. (e.g AppDynamics) is a plus
• Familiar with Non-functional Test
• Familiar with Jmeter, Performance Centre, Load Runner
• Familiar with JVM tuning
• Familiar with Unix monitoring stats analysing
• Understand DDD (Domain Driven Design)
• Experience on Service Mesh
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC .
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.