Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer
• Defines site objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality;
• Determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests;
• Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, activities and cost; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments;
• Supports and coach subordinates to build a productivity team
• Updates job knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software products, reading professional publications.
• Drive movement to test driven development culture.
1. BS or MS in CS, EE, or other related areas from reputable universities
2. Minimum 3 years work experience developing fully responsive web application using Angular
3. Familiar with git
4. Experience working at BAT or big tech companies a plus but not necessary
5. Very Familiar with html, css, sass, angular 2 or above, Typescript 2, webpack, nodejs, npm etc.
6. Has experience in developing fully responsive web apps with animations and transitions
7. Preferably someone who can share some of his previous works on public repositories
8. Good communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese and a good team player
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
About HSBC Technology China HSBCAL/GZ*