The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Consultant Specialist.
· Design and develop systems to support bank wide data distribution strategies.
· Interpret requirements, provide estimations and participate in agile development project lifecycles.
· Help drive Software build and/or relase management practice
· Troubleshoot defects and come up with sustainable solutions.
· Work with end to end teams from requirements analysis to production rollout.
· Interact with a large global team to come up with strategic solutions.
· Keep up to date with current technologies to support a tier 0 bank wide STP application.
· Build sustainable software with quality, reusability, scalability and supportability.
· Provide support of the software on a 3 rd line basis when needed
· 5+ years of experience in same role or similar experience performing software implementation
· Good technical knowledge and experience of the following
· Core Java and Spring (>2 years).
· Python ( >2 years)
· DevOps, CICD and Infrastructure hosting.
· Proficiency in writing complex logic in Python as per industry standards
· Knowledge of object-relational mapper (ORM)libraries
· Exposure to GCP or other cloud computing services
· Knowledge of Big Data technology such as HDFS, Pig, Hive and pySpark
· Strong unit test and debugging skills and understanding of threading limitations of Python
· Full hands on strong experience of implementing DevOps CICD processes.
· Strong knowledge of Containers such as Kubernetes
· Proficient in English with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Team Player
· Ability to work to tight timescales
· Nice to have the following
· Version control system such as GIT
· Middleware and distributed system experience
· Experience working within large / strategic / global programmes with global engagement (>1 years)
· Experience in iterative development (>1 years)
· Technically savvy with tools and industry related trends.
· Good investment banking and products knowledge.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.