The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the COVID19, we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Scrum Master.
Acting as a servant-leader to the Scrum team by ensuring the team adheres to the Agile methodology, Scrum and SAFe framework
Coaches the team in Agile practices that they have agreed to, i.e. Standups, retrospectives, reviews and ensures that they are followed
Creates a working environment where team members feel safe to raise any form of impediments to them
Constantly works with the Product Owner to re-priorities the backlog as and when there are changes in scope or bugs arise or any issues surface.
Facilitates raising of Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies and escalating relevant ones to required stakeholders. Ensure risks and issues are managed closely and remove project blockers from the team
Work directly with various stakeholders across multiple geographies, such as Product Owners, IT, and Digital teams to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
Generates and tracks team level metrics and creates visual controls/radiators for them. Communicates these metrics to stakeholders
Helps the team focus on continuous improvement, take responsibility for their actions, and mentors team members to become problem solvers for themselves
Continually identifies drag on the team's performance, and works with the team or stakeholders to resolve it
Identifies and seeks to minimize waste within the team's processes
Wealth Platform domain knowledge and experience of working on Wealth Platform deployment project is an advantage
Candidates with project management (PMP) and business analysis (CBAP) is preferred
Ensure awareness, involvement and support from key stakeholders by building strong teams and maintaining robust communications on the iteration and PI status including Iteration Status Report, Confluence, Implementation checkpoints and Jira roadmaps
Work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of SAFe
Initiate Lean process improvements to reduce waste and focus the Team on value-add user stories including Kanban systems and lean thinking
· Solid Experience in Scrum Master or Agile Delivery Lead
· Experience of working on complex products with multiple work streams in a scaled environment
· Strong skills to lead teams and motivate others to achieve objectives
· Coach the Team in practicing core agile principles of collaboration, self-organization, prioritization, accountability, and visibility
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, think analytically and communicate effectively
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to interact professionally with an array of business users
· Gains a clear understanding of others’ point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity
· Think critically to identity root causes, looking beyond a problem's surface to offer sustainable solutions
· Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
· High levels of self-motivation – able to self-manage and deliver to committed timescale.
· Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills particularly in workshop facilitation and consensus building.
· Adaptive – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
· Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
· Bachelor degree in a related field, Business or Computer Science Degree preferred
· Working experience in Financial Institutions required, preferring in Retail Banking
· Relevant Agile Certification preferred for example, Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner, SAFe Scrum Master. SAFe Program Consultant would be an advantage
· Years in Scrum Master or Agile Delivery Lead experience
· High proficiency in both verbal and written English; Cantonese and Mandarin is an added advantage
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.