Description de l'emploi
The role of the Subject Matter Expert of economic capital, traded and treasury matters is to provide qualitative answers to ECB requests (obligations, inspections) in due time. The role holder will propose and monitor action plans to meet ECB expectations. The role holder will be accountable for validating the changes and preparing the documentation to be sent to the ECB. Additionally, the role holder will manage additional resources needed to support ad-hoc regulatory inspections. This role will require to deal with a wide range of stakeholders (including Traded Risk Management, Global Markets, IT, Middle Office, Risk Analytics, Financial Risk Transformation, etc.) at Group and regional levels. There is a high volume of work which will require a thorough and thoughtful response, ensuring deadlines are met in an often time pressured environment. It will be necessary for the role holder to be highly adaptable and resilient. The role holder will need to be proficient in senior stakeholder and regulators management.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
• Analyze the regulatory requests notably:
- ECB obligations related to climate risk / syndicated loans / PVA / ICAAP / market risk / counterparty credit risk / incremental risk charge
- ECB on-site inspections (IMA / IMM / IRC)
- SREP and Ad hoc ECB questions
• Link the regulatory requests to the relative regulation notably:
- CRR / CRD / EBA guidelines / RTS
• Act as a risk subject matter expert capable of achieving consensus and suggesting solutions and action plans to regulatory requests notably:
- Requirements for IT / process changes
- Answers to ECB questions
- Presentations to ECB inspection teams
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire completion
- ECB packs (e.g. return to compliance / IMM / IMA) contribution
• Monitor the implementation of regulatory change projects managed by Risk Transformation:
- Define the requirements
- Provide guidance and expertise to IT / Transformation teams
- Ensure the projects are in line with the Bank long-term strategy
- Escalate the challenges to Senior Management
• Test and validate the changes impacting the Risk function:
- Perform user acceptance testing
- Ensure the impacts can be explained and are in line with ECB requests
- Ensure the end users are informed and trained
• Prepare / review HSBC documentation to be communicated to the regulator
• Manage additional resources needed to support ad-hoc regulatory inspections
• Contribute to the governance of regulatory requests
Typical Targets and Measures
• Research is done to deeply understand the regulatory request.
• Responsibilities to resolve the request are defined and agreed.
• Workload and timeline to answer the request is estimated.
• Linkage between the regulation and the request is performed.
• Solutions taking into account the interpretation performed by HSBC regulatory experts.
• Solutions suggested to answer regulatory requests.
• Partnership with wide range of functions and businesses to ensure the solutions can be achieved in due time.
• Requirements clearly defined to ensure the requested changes are in line with regulatory expectations.
• Guidance provided during the life cycle of the project.
• Testing done to ensure the end user acceptance.
• Validation of methodology, system and process changes before communicating with the regulator.
• Evidences collected, consolidated and challenged.
• Answers and presentations prepared with the support of the functions.
• Documentation created and updated in anticipation to future regulatory requests.
• People management: on-boarding, training & coaching the team members to maximize the achievement of their potential.
• Participation to relevant governance committees
• Escalation of the challenges to Senior Management
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
• Strong knowledge of regulations delivered by EU regulators and legislators (ECB, EBA, SRB, Commission, EP).
• Solid working experience in the Global Markets risk industry (market risk, counterparty credit risk, treasury risk).
• Strong communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team.
• Ability to deploy, manage and lead a team of external resources.
• Self-motivated with a sense of ownership and accountability. Able to perform under pressure.
• Excellent decision making based on quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Would be considered as a plus:
• Good knowledge of HSBC Group, policies and procedures.
• Successful proven track record supporting an Executive or C-suite, in a fast paced and challenging organisation.