Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking leverages HSBC’s global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Wealth and Personal Banking team in the role of Retail & Wealth Products & Journeys Analyst working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
This is a key position to harness strategic insights for HSBC Wealth & Private Banking, Malaysia. The Retail & Wealth Products & Journeys Analyst will be conducting statistical, diagnostic, and predictive analytics in partnership with our digital, assets, products and wealth teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge via implementation of end-to-end analytical solutions
The role holder will be accountable to:
· Mine through large data sets to uncover trends, insights, and opportunities
· Conduct exploratory data mining and analysis to understand customer behaviours, experience, engagement and uncover opportunities
· Conduct end to end analytic solutions: from understanding business requirements, data discovery and extraction, model development and evaluation.
· Identifies, analyses, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data to provide answers to business questions as well as provide recommendations for action
· Presents data and analysis in a clear and concise manner allowing business stakeholders to quickly understand the results and recommendations to make data driven decisions.
· Synthesize complex data analysis and insights into easy to understand, effective data storytelling
· Collaborate with distribution and product/marketing managers to design campaign with higher
· precision in customer targeting
· Support deployment of business intelligence tool (Qlik or Google Data Studio) for all retail products & propositions
· To work with Product Team, IT and relevant stakeholders to churn out the regulatory reporting with highest precision in a timely manner.
· Collaborates with various internal teams to prioritize requests/needs and provide a holistic view of the analysis.
This role will be critical to deliver critical analytic solution which are targeting to improve the data quality, dashboard deployment, insights and data science model.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Data Science, or another quantitative field.
· 1-3 years of relevant experience in data science or analytics role
· 1-3 Years’ experience with SAS/Python. Experience in using SAS is mandatory.
· 1-3 years’ experience with data querying skills using SQL. Able to aggregate, gather and manipulate data.
· Hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Adobe Analytic, BigQuery and Qlik will be an added advantage.
· Sharp analytical, technical, and mathematical / statistical skills
· Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and analytical results effectively both verbally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience.
· Experience in financial services and/or banking preferred