Research Analyst, Financial Sector, HSBC Qianhai
Chine, Moçambique Accounting / Management control
HSBC Qianhai Securities Limited (HSBC Qianhai) is HSBC’s securities flagship in China and 90% owned by HSBC. We are headquartered in Shenzhen, heart of the Greater Bay Area, with branch offices in Beijing and Shanghai.
At HSBC Qianhai, our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we build long-term, strategic relationships with them. We leverage on HSBC’s unique global footprint and deep-rooted China franchise to help clients navigate market opportunities.
For two years in a row in 2020 and 2021, we have been recognized for our M&A and ECM capabilities with awards from China’s Securities Times, and our dual language research unit was voted No.3 for A-Share research by clients in the Asiamoney broker survey.
Responsibilities of the role holder
As part of Financials research team supporting the expanding franchise, the candidate will primarily focus on modelling, data processing and research products publication (both English and Mandarin):
· To assure secondary and supporting responsibility for the coverage of a defined set of stocks within Financials sector
· To assist research analysts to provide regular and active coverage of the stocks, including providing updates post results, news flow and company announcement, as well more in-depth fundamental trends and thematic, and corporate access related products
· Provide ongoing servicing to our main clients with respect to the stock coverage including regular updates (especially on the back of newsflow), undertaking client requests and providing corporate access related services
· Maintain strong constructive relationships with sales and other internal stakeholders as appropriate
· Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the research business, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy, including the Group Compliance Policies
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
· Good knowledge of investment research, experiences with equity research is preferred
· Solid modeling, data processing, valuation, reasoning and writing skills are necessary, CFA/CPA might be preferred
· Highly diligent, results driven, sensitive to data, attention to detail, punctual and disciplined
· Advance user of MS office application/Database/Financial terminals (Bloomberg/WIND/Datastream), preferable to know basic programming (VBA/SQL/Python)
· Well educated with common sense and decency, fluent in both mandarin and English needed, degree in Auto, Engineering, Chemistry, Finance, Accounting subjects might be preferred
· Understand, follow and demonstrate full compliance with all relevant internal and external regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of HSBC, also in line with the Code of Conduct
Location: Shanghai, China