Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
Overview of the Department:
Wholesale Credit Approval function is one of the activities within Wholesale and Market Risk [WMR]. Group WMR reports directly to the Group CRO and is responsible for the approvals, policies, portfolio management and reporting on the Group’s Wholesale and Market Risk exposures. Group WMR also works with Regional WMR functions across Global Risk to ensure functional consistency and delivery across all group offices.
Loan Management Unit performs one of the key activities within HSBC’s Group Wholesale (Credit) and Market Risk [WMR] – managing distressed and defaulted commercial relationships with an aim to rehabilitate, turn around or recover monies owed from such commercial entities. Group WMR reports directly to the Group CRO and is responsible for the approvals, policies, portfolio management and reporting on the Group’s Wholesale and Market Risk exposures. Group WMR also works with Regional WMR functions across Global Risk to ensure functional consistency and delivery across all group offices.
· Credit underwriting, monitoring and control for Commercial Banking business
· Delivery of quality and timely approvals
· Maintain appropriate credit standards in the approval and control of lending
· Participate in the maintenance of a stable lending portfolio within Group and Commercial Banking policy objectives.
· Manage relationship with various stakeholders
· Management of the workflows to ensure efficient operation of the unit
· Post Graduate - CA / MBA Finance
· 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
· In-depth understanding of commercial banking products, accounting & financial analysis
· Proven direct experience in handling international trade finance
· Strong analytical and technical skills, with the ability to understand and consolidate diverse and intricate business information and identify and mitigate risk issues
· Eye for conducting detailed due diligence given the complexities involved, and at the same time be change-oriented given the evolving market and nature of the transactions
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Strong negotiation & persuasive skills
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD