The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC.
As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Principal Platform Cloud Architect, ASP .
HSBC is looking for a step change in how we can leverage approved Cloud Services in a seamless way and the Principal Platform Cloud Architect role is essential to ensure the secure and effective enablement of GCP or AWS for the business. This is achieved through the creation of the GCP or AWS Foundation Platform which forms the basis of GCP or AWS adoption within the organisation. The Principal Platform Cloud Architect provides leadership and direction to the HSBC GCP/AWS Foundation Platform and is responsible for the high-level implementation and delivery approach of the platform. This role will be responsible for:
· Collaborating with Enterprise Cloud Architects to evolve the Cloud Strategy; and to define & execute the delivery of the strategy on the GCP or AWS Platform
· Providing leadership to the GCP or AWS Technical Architect and GCP or AWS Engineering Teams to drive delivery of platform improvements to meet business technical and non-functional requirements as defined through the Cloud Capability Framework
· Working with the Enterprise Cloud Architects, AWS/Azure/AliCloud Lead Platform Architects and ITID Cloud Services to align cross-cloud technical and business processes. Examples include the evaluation and implementation of appropriate tooling and automation to support management of cloud platforms; standardising platform onboarding experience, billing, MI reporting, labelling, integration with existing enterprise tooling (eg change management)
· Partner with Cloud Security Architects and Cloud Data Architects to inform their respective Cloud Strategies and support cloud adoption.
· Engage with GCP or AWS Product Managers to ensure HSBC’s requirements are incorporated within their product roadmap and support HSBC Product Managers to drive the timely adoption of new technologies
· Provide escalation assistance to the Cloud Platform teams.
In addition, all members of Cloud Architecture Practice are required to:
· Understand appropriate Regulatory controls for Financial Institutions and the impact of material outsourcing.
· Provide appropriate support for our Regulatory engagements.
· Evangelise the Cloud Strategy across HSBC.
Have a high level business understanding of, and the implications of Cloud adoption for:
· Wealth and Personal Banking (inc Private Banking)
· Markets and Security Service
· Wholesale Banking (Commercial Banking & Payments)
Able to translate business needs into appropriate IT (and Cloud) solutions.
Have a system engineering background and the ability to compare and contrast different solutions to meet a business requirement. Provide technical thought leadership in evaluation of new technologies to meet business requirements and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills – desire to solve complex problems at scale. Provide expert knowledge & expertise in design & engineering of:
· Public IaaS/PaaS Cloud (GCP, AWS and Azure)
· Integration with Public Cloud including SaaS (eg authentication schemes, single sign on systems from an application perspective)
· Private Cloud environments (GCP Anthos, Cloud Foundry aPaaS & VMware IaaS)
· Practical experience utilizing multiple Infrastructure as Code tools.
· Leveraging best practise through published reference architectures
Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
· Docker Containers and Kubernetes Cluster management and orchestration
· Cloud Industry Security Best Practice, aligned to CSA & NIST
· Multi-tenanted virtualized platforms managing mission critical workloads
· Networking principals (TCP/UDP, Routing, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN, SDN)
· Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux & Windows)
· CPU Microarchitectures (Intel, AMD, SPARC) & Server Virtulization (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM)
· Service Management (and implications for Enterprises of adoption Cloud computing).
· Have excellent documentation and communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate complex IaaS/PaaS concepts to people new to Cloud Development
· Deployment & Troubleshooting knowledge of Private and Public Clouds (GCP, AWS & Azure)
· Proficient with configuration & release management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
· Distributed Storage (Hadoop & Hbase, EMC SAN – FC, FCoE, iSCSI, SRDF; NetApp NAS - CIFS, NFS)
· Databases (Oracle & MS SQL; VCS & MSCS)
· MarketData, Middleware and Grid (RMDS, MQ, Tibco RV & Datasynapse)
· In Memory Distributed Data Grid (Oracle Coherence)
· Web applications servers (Apache HTTP Server & Tomcat, IIS, Websphere)
· End to end agile architecture across all layers
· Passion for technology & understanding how things work
Candidates will also need to demonstrate:
· Ability to mentor and lead the delivery of complex change
· A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
· Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
· Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
· Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
· A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.