Principal Analyst, Digital Performance Analytics - 0000FBO1
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As an HSBC employee you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a non-contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Principal Analyst.
This role reports into the Head of DaaC Insights & Analytics UK within the Digital Analytics team in UK Data Analytics & CRM. The Principal Analyst is a critical support role, responsible for working with the Head of DaaC Insights & Analytics UK to deliver digital data analytics and performance reporting across all digital channels and activities, ensuring that robust data, analysis and insight is available to support making the right business decisions and to mitigate the risks present from poor data availability. The role takes a development and delivery lead, working with and alongside myriad data handling teams to deliver data provision and analytics activity to optimize business value.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Delivering value for the UK Digital and UK Data Analytics & CRM organisation through data, analysis, insight and reporting. Harnessing the value that is available from robust information in relation to channel performance and customer behaviour.
· Supporting the Head of DaaC Insights & Analytics UK to ensure that data and reporting from multiple business areas is centralised where possible and complementary, accurate and cohesive where not.
· Working with colleagues in regional and global performance analytics teams, business performance, Data and Information management and Business Intelligence teams to drive the definition and delivery of best in class digital data, analytics and insight reporting.
· Developing sources and delivers data to other leadership roles throughout UK Digital, providing data and insight that supports development of relevant Digital Propositions, management of Digital as a channel and the design and development of new digital solutions.
· Supporting the Head of DaaC Insights & Analytics UK as an SME from initial scoping through the whole development lifecycle for the Digital Channel Enablement projects of Adobe Analytics, Tagging and reporting.
· To act as a key stakeholder across varied strategic projects acting as a subject matter expect for the definition and implementation of data and reporting requirements. Including tagging.
· Act as a suitably empowered and informed delegate to the Head of DaaC Insights & Analytics UK.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Experience primarily in digital analytics in online retail, travel or banking/finance.
· Experience working in large and complex organisations such as Amazon, Google, Expedia, Tesco, etc. in a Retail/Internet space or within Digital Analytics functions of Financial services firms preferred
· A relevant degree and/or experience in either mathematics, statistics, computer science (or equivalent quantitative area) or business, media, communications with quantitative background.
· Proven experience in digital data and analytics solutions in the DMP, Tag management, Testing & Optimisation, Heat Mapping, Sentiment Analysis preferred
· Proven knowledge and experience of SQL and other Database/Data Manipulation tools
· Expertise in data visualization tools and techniques – previous experience with Qliksense, Tableau, Google Data Studio or similar
· Good working knowledge of analytics tools – Python/R/SAS/SPSS/STATA, BigQuery, Google Cloud
· Proven ability to drive rapid insights from available data to drive business forward
· Experience working in agile environments and use of appropriate tools (JIRA, Confluence)
· Proven ability to deliver web based business solutions utilizing large datasets (volume – transaction data, unstructured – clickstream, verbatim comments, weblogs, etc.) and experience with enhancing online customer journeys.
· Excellent organisational, problem-solving, inter-personal and communication skill
· Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
The base location for this role is Birmingham, however, other locations will be considered.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC, you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Recruitment Helpdesk :
Telephone: +44 2078328500