Role Title: Pricing Analyst
Business: Project Management
New or Existing Role? Existing
· The role of the Pricing Analyst is to provide day-to-day Market Data support for HSS services.
· To assist in both the research work for Market Data standards, and the proactive investigation required to ensure the business is aware of, and prepared to cope with, changes in market practice and moves into new market areas.
Impact on Business
· Provide day-to-day Market Data support to HSS business areas
· Investigate and satisfactorily resolve queries and issues within agreed procedural guidelines
· Carry out testing of systems as requested for existing Market Data processes
· Assist with monitoring adherence to Market Data procedures
· Carry out proactive and reactive research into investment market practices, at instigation of the Manager, assessing the impact on existing Market Data policies and updating/amending these where required
· Identify and propose practical solutions to improve current processes/workstreams
· Understand the levers and drivers behind business performance
· Understand how role impacts the team and business performance
· Suggest improvements to department processes and procedures
· Demonstrate resilience, initiative and drive under pressure
· Keep up to date with market developments through liaison with relevant information vendors and review of market publications as directed by Manager
· Assist in building library of market/industry knowledge. Ensure effective communication.
· Express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Management of Risk
· Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.