HSBC is Canada’s leading international bank – there is no one like us in this market.
Our ability to bring our global experience and perspective to evolving trends and issues in Canada has been a tremendous benefit to our clients. With our offer of unique banking solutions, as well as an extensive global network, no one is better placed to support internationally minded individuals and businesses.
HSBC helps companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Wealth and Personal Banking.
It’s through this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired, collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
Key Objectives for Premier Officer:
· Handle client’s inquiries relating to the Premier Relationship Management’s portfolio in a positive, timely, and appropriate manner. Aim to resolve the customer’s queries at the first point of contact and minimize referrals to the Premier Relationship Management for routine transactions.
· Has strong knowledge of the Premier Relationship Management’s portfolio of clients with the support of Customer Relationship Management Solution and analytical tools
· Maintains a basic understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services
· Support Premier Relationship Managements to execute suitable solutions for product areas responsible for with clients to fulfill their needs and ensure efficient follow up
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
· Communicate effectively and works well with other teams within the Branch, Call Center, HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, and other relevant partners that impact the client’s experience of HSBC; in order to ensure a consistent approach and application of Premier standards
· Efficiently manages time in order to support different Premier Relationship Managements concurrently
· Proactively identifies opportunities/issues and provides feedback to branch management and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology to improve products and service processes
· Delivering the firm - Put the client at the heart of our business and deliver joined up services and solutions aligned to customer needs.
· Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
· Ensure all processes and procedures are accurate and in accordance with HSBC Bank policy standards and regulatory requirements
· Comply with local regulations in all aspects of strategy, sales processes, client correspondence, financial promotions, administration, and complaint handling
· Adhere to all relevant processes and procedures of the Group Compliance Policy and internal controls
· Achieve the operational standards for the business and work within agreed procedures and guidelines - displaying high levels of integrity at all times
· Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
· Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
· Strong interpersonal and empathy skills with strong decision making and ability to deliver
· Secondary school graduation required, University / College degree preferred
· Completion of required HSBC Business School courses
· Minimum of two years working in financial services industry
· Previous experience in Retail/Premier sales preferred
· Understanding of core products, Premier proposition, and familiar with retail and wealth product processes
· Understanding of relationship management systems (Credit Risk Management and Relationship Managed Platform etc.)
· Solid knowledge of appropriate branch operational procedures
· Money Laundering Awareness Certificate held
· Knowledge of relevant regulatory governance in market
· Good knowledge of HSBC and personal banking
· Knowledge of the Bank’s lending systems such as Credit Approval and Risk Management, Credit Lending Manual & Security Processing, when applicable to the markets
· Team player with collaborative skills
· Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
· Able to deliver the client experience and needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills
· Willing to be mobile in local community
· Ability to use Word and Excel
· Fluency in second language is an asset
· Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires Completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; or Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
· Have an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth Strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
· Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
· Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
· Authentic and shows ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
· Makes considered decisions that protect HSBC and our clients
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Canada is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
If this is not the ideal role for you, we invite you to sign up to our talent community so that we can update you about job opportunities and career events in your area of interest. We are always looking for people with purpose and ambition who can help us build the bank for the future.
We’re doing our part to safeguard our customers and employees health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID 19, including:
· Enhanced daily cleaning to all our branches, with increased attention to high-touch areas
· Personal protective equipment and hand sanitizers provided throughout our branches
· Plexiglass shields at every counter
· Floor markings to help customers keep social distance when lining up
· Adherence to self-isolation requirements per government guidelines
We encourage all Indigenous peoples of North America and Persons with Disabilities to self-identify in their applications. In addition, we invite you to reach out to Matt Woods, our Diversity Recruitment Relationship Manager at email@example.com for support during the selection process.