Role Title: Performance SME
New or Existing Role: New
· To act as Performance Subject Matter Expert in the delivery of Performance Measurement and Risk services, in particular in the review of performance and risk reporting, investigating and resolving complex issues and representing the Performance service to clients and other HSS departments, for instance in internal and external projects, change and training.
· Liaising with clients and prospective clients face to face and via telephone and e-mail is a key requirement of the role, as is promoting Performance services within the team and through HSS.
· Completing and reviewing regular and ad-hoc performance reports within agreed deadlines and in accordance with client SLA’s.
· Liaising with clients and prospective clients with regard to Performance services and complex queries and issues that arise.
· Representing the Performance team and services at inter-departmental meetings, for instance relating to Projects, Change or any required training.
· Researching, supporting and delivering existing, new and prospective Performance services, such as GIPS Verification, Fixed Income Attribution and Ex-Ante Risk. Developing knowledge of clients’ business and industry so as to be proactive in client change and supporting product development.
· Driving the maintenance and development of departmental controls, policies and procedures.
Management of Risk
· Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
· Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.