The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Digital Business Services is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Digital Business Services combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a PayMe Platform Engineer.
· Provide technical consultant for the digital platform design, development, implementation and maintenance of significant HSBC IT systems to local business units
· Develop competent level understanding of group systems and major local systems Prepare detailed specifications that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
· Ensure implementation on time and in budget with appropriate quality according to user requirements Assist in coordinating the activities of IT project teams user departments, other service departments, and external parties such as software and hardware suppliers, other financial institutions and bank customers Development and implementation of IT project
· Provide estimates for development effort for individual or component from design documents Review code and documentation to ensure code meets the design criteria Apply specialist expertise in the development of IT systems with the objective of optimizing operational performance and improving quality whilst increasing cost effectiveness
· Experience in working in large scale Linux, Windows based environment
· Solid understanding and experience of working on cloud infrastructure, architecture and technologies such as Azure, AWS, GCP, preferably Azure
· Experience using containerization and software defined infrastructure using Docker, Kubernetes
· Good understanding of Microservices and service mesh concepts like Istio, Nginx
· Strong experience in infrastructure deployment automation using tools like Terraform, Ansible
· Strong Knowledge in DevOps toolsets, Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Spinnaker, Maven
· Experience with scripting in Bash or Powershell or Python
· Solid understanding of Databases such as SQL, MySQL, Redis
· Strong understanding of Queuing and messaging services like Kafka, Event hub and servicebus
· Experience with server hardening and other security best practices
· A solid understanding of networking
· Good understanding on application and infrastructure monitoring tools like Prometheus, AppDynamics, Azure AppInsights
· Exposure to the software development lifecycle and agile software practices, from specification, development, Quality Assurance, release
· Strong work ethic and team player
· Good communication skills To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.