Description de l'offre
Role Title: Life Fund Accountant
New or Existing Role: New
· To assist the Life Fund Accounting lead in a key project onboarding a new client ensuring that all reporting requirements are fully analysed, built and tested to the clients agreed specification. Ensure procedural documentation is completed to allow training of Offshore staff and to ensure the process is fully embedded within our standard Onshore oversight model.
· Thereafter maintain service levels as agreed within the terms of the service level agreement and key performance indicators.
· This is a very technical role and the role holder needs to possess an understanding of the entire investment reporting process including Investment Operations, data cleansing, Fund Administration and client delivery.
Impact on Business
· The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an
· Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
· Dependable and do the right thing
· Open to different ideas and cultures
· Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.
· Represent Life Fund Accounting on a key client onboarding, ensuring that client requirements are fully understood, built in line with those requirements and fully tested prior to live delivery. Attend project meetings and workshops as and when required to facilitate a smooth transition from each element of the project into live delivery. This will require attendance in various sites across the UK
· Assist in the implementation of an efficient monthly control process once live, focused on ensuring that all data is captured, checked and where appropriate fully reconciled to the investment accounting system. This process should be supported by checklists and sign-offs and fully detailed in operational procedure. This process should include general client reporting, Solvency II and Annuity Cash Flow requirements.
· Assist in ensuring an efficient oversight model is in operation overseeing the monthly controls process within our GSC's. Agree monthly internal KPI measures and ensure a smooth governance relationship with our offshore centres.
· Maintain an excellent and open relationship with key client contacts as well as other internal and external stakeholders. Act as the main point of contact responding to enquiries in a swift and accurate manner as well as meeting to discuss changes to reporting requirements. Attend client meetings as and when required.
· Maintain accurate and up to date procedure notes. Ensure that controls and procedures are in line with FIM regulations and that all key controls are accurately captured, monitored and reported.
· Ensure any changes or enhancements to the systems in use within the team are implemented in line with company change management procedures.
Management of Risk
· Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Degree level
· Accountancy qualification – ACCA/CA
· Investment industry relevant exams
· Advanced PC skills are essential.
· Excellent inter-personnel and problem solving skills.
· Extensive knowledge of investment operations (Front, Middle and Back office processes)
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.