Digital at HSBC
HSBC has committed over $2 billion dollars to a digital revolution, driving innovation and transforming our digital capabilities. We are building digital solutions that will impact the lives of our over 41 million Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) customers worldwide.
HSBC Digital Solutions (HDS) is an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
The Digital teams’ work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to compete effectively in a mobile, data-driven world.
We are looking for collaborative leaders with the spirit to make change happen. We champion brave new ideas that will transform customer experiences.
The organisation is pursuing a ‘Mobile-Centric’ approach in which an ‘Everyday Banking’ app sits at the centre of a multi-channel customer offering. We are embedding a mobile-first into the fabric of the business, creating and continuously improving mobile as a platform to serve content, features and journeys to our customers.
The mobile team own several global HSBC banking apps, responsible for key channels for millions of our customers. Our mobile teams are based at HSBC Digital hubs across the UK, India, Hong Kong and China.
A digital revolution is happening at HSBC and we are transforming a huge global bank into an agile delivery organisation across multiple countries, cultures and customers. Our global digital solutions are influencing the banking behaviour of our over 41 million customers worldwide. We are looking for Digital natives to help us revolutionise how we deliver banking services as we move from monolithic waterfall delivery to an API micro services driven architecture and Swift and kotlin are our primary development languages.
We are looking for iOS developers that can help further the success of our everyday banking apps. We have tens of apps worldwide that are used by millions of users. We are seeking individuals who see this as an opportunity to build the idealised banking experience across a vast platform. One that solves real problems for our users, adds real value and provides relevant services and insights.
You have the desire to learn all the latest techniques and new language releases. You build mobile apps in your spare time as a way of gaining more knowledge and experience, and are active on a number of programming user groups.
Day to day you will be writing code for new features, working with the designers and products owners through the product lifecycle. There is a huge amount of opportunity to get involved in multiple levels of interest across CI, shared components, global releases, etc
We continually invest in our staff, and we offer a range of training and development including in-house and external courses, and attendance at conferences and events.
In this role, you will be responsible for;
· Proactive collaboration in the project team to help develop the product using your experience to help guide the team through the whole development lifecycle
· Hands on with Planning, estimating, contributing to the architecture, coding, development
· Refactoring and continuous improvements of the code bases is vital
· Focus on SW quality and delivering quality throughout the whole process
· Ensuring that technical decisions and information is communicated thorough the global team
· Taking responsibility of releases and contributing to the ongoing support of the live apps.
· Keen to collaborate with others, and you’ll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
· Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
· Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
· We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build
· Have strong experience building highly productive teams of technically talented engineers
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets