Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB)
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role, you will:
- Strengthen HSBC's image as a leading wealth provider by providing clients with access to advanced technical product expertise;
- Support Premier Relationship Managers (PRMs) to gain more clients' confidence and trust in HSBC capabilities and increase the effectiveness and quality of needs fulfilled for target clients in need;
- Assist PRMs in deepening and growing client relationships through identifying and uncovering client's needs, identifying relevant wealth solution and technical analysis, and assisting PRMs in presenting and explaining solution(s) to client in according to engaging model.
- Conduct portfolio reviews with PRMs, assess product suitability and market and regulatory change impact to products held by clients as appropriate, identify opportunities and manage risks,
- Join PRMs in meeting clients and provide advice, input based on technical knowledge while acting as a second point of contact to PRMs for specific products and solutions;
- Join PRMs in meeting clients and receive referrals from PRMs to help fulfill client's needs by certain complex WEM product. In such cases, PRMs must be limited by their own sales accreditation on certain complex WEM product, while a licensed Senior Product Expert is acting as a back up to help fulfill client's needs but do not directly advise or sell to clients.
- Improve PRMs product specific technical knowledge by effective on-job coaching and training
- Deliver high quality presentation on market and WEM concept in customer seminars
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements ：
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of six years of working experience as a product specialist or financial advisor
- At least one year of working experience as a product expert or BSM/SBM in WPB
- Strong client skills with the ability to deliver a strong client experience and provide needs-based solutions
- Deep knowledge of specific complex financial solutions and products including the knowledge of financial markets, socia-economic dynamics, and regulatory requirement relevant to the products
- Extensive external market awareness of market conditions, new product solutions, and an understanding of current financial market activities
- Demonstrated ability and experience to correctly identify client needs
- Solid skills to manage consultative sales process
- A solid understanding of global anti money laundering standards
- Team player with collaborative skills
- Knowledge of local and Group compliance regulations
- Specialisation in one or more product categories e.g. Structured Products/FX/Investments/Trusts/Estate Planning/Retirement/Protection/Mortage etc.
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market
- Attain any internal standards as required by country
- Have or attain an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth Strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrates ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Authentic and shows ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Make considered decisions that protect HSBC and our clients
Global Wealth Management capabilities
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge by demonstration, coaching and observation
- Disciplined professional who is able to set and follow organised client portfolio process's by relationship manager in a proactive manner
- Able to work independently to construct technical product analysis to support JADE RMs and aid JADE RM experience and client decisions
- Technical coaching skills in area of expertise
- Experienced group presenter
- Proven ability in customising presentations to meet individual client needs
- A mature individual able to instil confidence with colleagues and clients alike
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within and inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. /FM|WX|51|ZP|LP
Issued by HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited