Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Wealth and Personal Banking team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The job holder will be reesponsible for the positioning and delivery of investment solutions to UNHW clients and prospects of HSBC Private Bank with in the MENA region, in the context of an Advisory relationship with the primary goals of:
· partnering with Relationship Managers to offer appropriate investment solutions to clients, and
· attracting/enhancing client relationships and profitability.
Accountable for assessing client investment needs, developing a comprehensive investment strategy, coordinating sales and execution against that strategy, and monitoring performance and appropriateness of the client’s overall investment portfolio. The IC is seconded in his role by ICAs who are in charge of the administrative aspects of the Advisory activity.
In this role, you will:
· Collaborate with Relationship Manager to develop investment activities with clients
· Assess client investment needs, experience, expectations and risk tolerance.
· Develop comprehensive investment strategy and asset allocation proposal appropriate to each client.
· Implement the defined investment strategy with appropriate products and services, collaborate with Product specialists, Portfolio managers, other HSBC entities if needed to design the best investment solution. Be in regular contact with clients to inform them of the markets and portfolio evolution as well as Bank’s investment ideas. Review the investment strategy on a regular basis and make investment proposals to adjust portfolios to client’s risk appetite, needs and market conditions.
· With the support of the ICAs monitor client portfolios for performance, appropriateness and opportunity. Contact clients and inform them of any SQS breach in their portfolios. Perform annual account review on time
· Provide updates on investment opportunities to clients and prospects
· Provide input and support for the development of new business initiatives and product enhancement. Promote mandates to increase mandate penetration. Contribute to the increase of client share of wallet
· Monitor investment revenues and clients’ profitability
· Comply with all internal and external regulations and procedures
· Participate and provide input to any Bank’s initiatives if needed (definition of the offer, new IT system related to investment activities
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
· Proven track record in investment advisory; experience in portfolio management, brokerage or institutional sales useful covering MENA region
· Extensive knowledge of private banking business (onshore and offshore), and competitive and regulatory environment
· Client-focused, with strong sales, analytic, technical, teamwork and relationship building skills
· Strong negotiation, complex problem resolution, communication and presentation (written and oral) skills
· Sound judgement, keen sense of urgency, and high level of professional and personal integrity
· CFA would be a strong plus
· Language capability as required by market (English, French, Arabic would be an asset)
At HSBC we put great emphasis on our values. Our values define who we are as an organisation and what makes us distinctive.
Dependable - we are dependable, stand firm for what is right and deliver on our commitments
Open - we are open to different ideas and cultures, and value diverse perspectives
Connected - we are connected to our customers, communities, regulators and each other, caring about individuals and their progress
These values reflect the best aspects of our 150-year heritage. They are vital to fulfilling our purpose of helping businesses to thrive, economies to prosper and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc