The Infrastructure Tooling Engineer is responsible for providing global technical leadership in the design, engineering, implementation and maintenance of the tools used to manage our global Unix / Linux estate. Its purpose and vision are to engineer, define and govern efficient and innovative Unix Linux solutions and infrastructure in support of the global businesses, through collaboration and driving standardisation of technology platforms and solutions.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities
· Contribute to the setting of technology standards for the domain, participating in Proofs of Concept initiatives and helping to develop solutions for global adoption across HSBC. The role also performs level 3 support for the domain and the candidate would need to be well versed in standard troubleshooting techniques with a deep technical understanding of hardware and system software and Tooling layers, and associated products/processes.
· Set global hardware and security tooling standards, test and certify in lab facility working with vendors, produce best practice solutions for the domain. Provide consultancy, guidance and collaborate with architecture, projects, support and other engineering teams.
· Deliver all technology authorised by Head of DC Server Engineering.
· Consolidate and reduce infrastructure complexity.
· Determine the strategic direction and execute in each of the Technology areas under Enterprise Services responsibility.
· Ensure service quality targets are met for offered services.
· Drive business stakeholder management to define product roadmaps and market available capabilities.
The role will take on the responsibility of technical SME for one of more Tooling products and will necessarily impact the business and the function through the delivery of consistent high quality performance.