HNW Wealth Advisor – Jersey
Are you interested in working for one of the world’s leading international banks who believe investment in people is the key to not only a successful business, but a positive and progressive future?
As an HSBC employee of Channel Islands and Isle of Man you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all employees, enhanced parental and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a non-contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. HSBC promotes a culture which drives diversity, equality and inclusion, where everyone is able to be themselves and at their best to ensure we support ongoing investment in our people whether that be achieving new or enhancing existing qualifications, or pursing International career opportunities
We will give you:
· Full training in HSBC products and services with ongoing coaching throughout your career
· Opportunity for personal development and progression
· An opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of the business, by being an inclusive team member with the prospect to be involved in multiple initiatives to make a difference
· Dedicated admin support
As a result of continued growth in the HSBC Channel Islands and Isle of Man (CIIOM) Wealth business, we are actively recruiting experienced Wealth Advisors to join our team servicing our International HSBC Expat Premier high net worth customers.
In this role, you will:
· Advise on a full range of products and services
· Support a dedicated portfolio of international customers with their financial goals
· Grow your portfolio of international clients through provision of best in class service
· Maintain strong relationships with both new and existing clients
Skills & experience required:
· Have role relevant qualifications, i.e. DipFA, IAD, CISI (or equivalent QCF RDR level 4 qualification)
· Experience in providing financial planning
· Customer centric approach and mindset
· Effective communication skills
For further details, including our benefits package and application information please click “Apply”
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfill their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.