Graphic Designer Illustrator - 0000EYVU
Reporting to the CMB SBO Engagement Lead, this is a key position contributing towards communications activity within the Global Commercial Banking (GCMB) Strategic Business Objectives Programme (SBO).
The Strategic Business Outlook (SBO) represents an unprecedented investment in strategic change and simplification for HSBC Global Commercial Banking (CMB). We are building a world-class change organization capable of high-paced, end-to-end transformation centered around our customers.
The SBO is comprised a number of Strategic Business Initiatives (SBIs), with investments in customer experience, proposition development and capability improvements impacting all areas of the commercial bank.
The SBO Coordination Office aims to transform the way CMB delivers change. Beyond a central governance function, we seek to embed new ways of working, identify and nurture synergies across the portfolio and establish a community of change experts to create a banking experience that exceeds customer expectations and supports the Group’s growth ambition.
From a Communications perspective, we need to ensure colleagues are informed and excited about this change, from CMB and SBI Leadership to in-country management and those whose day-to-day will be impacted. In addition, we need to help our SBI become better at ‘story-telling’ through a visual medium.
As a GCB5 Graphic Designer, your role in this journey is pivotal, working with the SBIs to help tell their story and build a picture of the overarching strategic direction.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Work as part of a team with copywriters, photographers / Filmmakers, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
· Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design using innovation to help redefine a design brief.
· Work with a range of media, including Adobe Creative Suite and keep up to date with emerging technologies
· to produce accurate and high-quality work.
· Production concept illustrations using rough sketches or layouts to help clients understand the creative approach.
· Develop design briefs to suit the clients’ needs and present ideas and concepts to clients.
· Meet with internal clients or account managers to discuss objectives and requirements of the job
· estimating lead times required and provide quotes if necessary.
· Enabling an iterative and creative problem-solving approach to co-creating end-to-end value for customers, colleagues and the business that enable greater customer empathy, collaboration and flexibility.
· Using fact and narrative to effectively communicate key messages to your audience to engage and mobilize them through a variety of different mediums.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
· Experience of animation an advantage
· Technical excellence in using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
· Competent in html for both web and email
· Excellent design and layout skills
· Ability to work in a fast-moving and demanding environment
· Being able to work both in a tight team and independently to deliver the goods
· Strong aesthetic skills and ability to push brand guidelines to innovate and transform creative
· Attention to detail
The base location for this role is Park Street, South Wark.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC, you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
Telephone: +44 2078328500