Description de l'offre
Global Trade & Receivables Finance Customer Services Representative
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Global Trade & Receivables Finance Customer Services Representative
In this role, you will:
· Provide a high level of service to customers whilst minimizing operational errors and losses, primarily through processing trade transactions and checking documents on internal systems.
· Have a full understanding of Documentary Letters of Credit and be able to check documents presented to the standards required under the ICC Publication UCP600 (2007 Revision) and be aware of the publication International Standard banking Practise for examination of documents.
· Be encouraged to take external professional qualifications where they are relevant to the role that you are undertaking.
· Process transactions to tightly managed in-country SLA, using screen based technology ensuring that excellent service quality is provided whilst operational risk is minimized.
· Liaison with internal and external customers on routine matters via in country client services where appropriate
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Document checking experience
· Good knowledge of Operational Risk & Compliance, understanding of WOLF, Anti money laundering and Financial Crime avoidance.
· Good communication and influencing skills.
· Able to independently make sound business decisions using experience, good judgement and business sense and make recommendations on issues outside of own authority.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to plan and organise and communicate at all levels
The base location for this role will be Birmingham.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.