A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Global Markets Operations Associate (Cash Management)
Global Banking & Markets - Global Markets Operations
Hang Seng's Global Markets Operations is a team of experienced banking operations professionals who strive for delivering time-to-market, efficient and world-class processing services to customers, corporations, financial institutions and internal units. We are responsible for driving every part of the trade lifecycle post execution. We manage settlement activity, risk and control, while ensuring the delivery of regulatory compliance and seamless operational client services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Global Markets Operations Associate in Cash Management, Nostro and RTGS team .
· Work as a specialist in a team whose major function is to assist the bank to manage the intra-day liquidity position and risks to meet payment and settlement obligations on a timely basis, under both normal and stressed conditions;
· Assist Front Office - Balance Sheet Management (BSM), to advise them real-time positions for different currencies on a day-to-day basis for making trading decisions;
· Looking after the bank's liquidity position as a whole regardless of departments, and manage their funding request to calculate the real time position/projected cash flow;
· Fulfilling regulatory requirement (e.g. Throughput ratio) to ensure a given percentage of the overall payments in a day are released at certain times;
· Manage RTGS (CHATS), Faster Payment System (FPS) and all Nostro accounts of the Bank, and work with RM if there are any ad-hoc/BAU requirements such as OD;
· Participate in system enhancements and new business initiatives, in particular driving projects and focusing on the enhancement/continuous improvement of Cash Management BAU;
· Support strategy for Cash Management for HASE, in collaboration with the Global and regional Business partners;
· Follow HSBC Group GB&M Global strategies and constantly updating procedures to fulfill this;
· Constantly review and update procedures to cater to the ever-changing regulatory requirement for Cash Management;
· Participate in UATs internally and external annual drills from regulatory parties; and
· Work closely with all internal stakeholders and external stakeholders on Liquidity enquiries.
· A degree holder, preferably in a business or finance discipline;
· Minimum 2 years of banking work experience at a major bank, preferably Cash Management / RTGS / Nostro;
· Knowledge of treasury products and documentation standards;
· Strong analytical, mathematics and problem solving skills;
· Able to work independently and meet tight deadlines;
· Resilient, capable to work responsibly in a dynamic environment;
· Proficient in PC applications, including Microsfot Word and Excel;
· Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.