Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
Global Service Delivery
Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Service Delivery is a leader in the development of services and processes that are designed around the customer and enable the firm to demonstrate to regulators that its processes and ways of working will deliver consistently high standards of compliance. Every day, customers all over the world are paying bills, buying homes and setting up companies and every day, Global Service Delivery teams are making sure all this happens smoothly.
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
· Prepare NAV calculations;
· Monitor investment compliance;
· Prepare financial statements and other financial related reports (as agreed) with the clients;
· Maintain books and accounts of the funds;
· File records of correspondences and processed instructions for audit purposes;
· Participate in system migration UAT;
· Delivery of accurate and timely report to Clients;
· Good team player
· Coaching junior team members on daily operation;
· As Senior staff to conduct reviews for assigned valuations and deliverables;
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business/Function
· Production of timely and accurate valuations for efficient service
· To ensure the operation process implementation are followed in line with the procedures and policies.
· Timely completion of all mandatory training and attendance at nominated training programs.
· Creating & Updating SOP's on funds assigned
· Support Dept initiatives and projects, support regulatory, compliance and risk management framework
· Maintain excellent customer focus and excellent customer service
Customers / Stakeholders
· To maintain mutually respectful and successful relationships with clients, Business Partner and key Intermediaries.
· To develop and maintain strong relationships with other HSS departments and project teams
Leadership & Teamwork
· Ensure own mandatory training is completed within agreed deadlines and ensure technical training is identified and attended.
· Succession completion of the Performance Appraisal process.
· Participate in team meetings.
· Participate in further training to ensure continuous Best Practice Adherence and own development.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Support internal and external reviews of risks and processes
· To adhere to HSBC internal control standards including the timely implementation of audit points.
· Support audit process to ensure clean financial statement process.
· Utilise and manage KPI reporting to ensure transparency and promote efficiencies.
· Continuous awareness of the risks inherent in Department processes and procedures and participation of team in Accounting and Valuations Continuous Improvement Framework.
· Mitigate risk of errors and near misses in the valuation production process
· Identify and reduce manual processes for enhanced operational control Support and implement technology releases.
· Efficient use of CQI database to optimize service quality
· Excellent written and oral English;
· Team player;
· Sound PC skills;
· Good interpersonal skill;
· Minimum 1-2 years Financial and/ or accounting experience;
· Rotating shift: 05:00 to 23:00
You'll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
***Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Guangdong) Ltd. GSC China***