The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer
· Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users and various teams, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle
· Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
· Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
· Should be able to handle individual task with minimum supervision.
What you will need to succeed in the role:
Qualification: Bachelor Degree
· Candidate with strong hands-on Full-stack experience: Java / J2EE, Springboot, REACT
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Skills in trouble shooting Applications deployed on any of the industry standard Front end – React
· Operations (Appdynamics, Splunk) knowledge along with Automation knowledge is required.
· Experience in working in DevOps and Agile model
· Good knowledge on JIRA and Confluence
· Sound verbal and written communication to interact with global teams.
· Good Interpersonal skills
What additional skills will be good to have? (List out good to have skills and certifications)
· Exposure of Banking domain
· Knowledge on Cloud / Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
· AppDynamics / Splunk / AWS Certified
Link to Candidate User Guide:
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***
* The information contained in this job description is a true and accurate reflection of the job as specified.