The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Production Application Support Engineer along with Unix/Java experience
· Provide production support for front-end applications hosted on WebSphere Application.
· Analyse and provide permanent resolution to Incidents/Problems.
· Raise the necessary Change Management artefacts for bug fixes and coordinate the PROD implementation.
· Work closely with the Development team as integral member of ‘Agile development’ projects.
· Coordinate Evergreening projects which include the application platform Evergreening (WebSphere, DB2, Oracle, OS upgrades).
· DRE (Disaster Recovery Exercises) for new applications, Support Infrastructure RTB activities like yearly Role Swap Exercises
· SSL Certificate Upgrades and Security Patches installations on PROD servers
· Utilize existing HSBC tools for Information Technology Service Management.
· Also work closely with the DeyOps team for fulfilling daily tasks related to application development and production support,
· Support Quality Assurance testing phase for projects and maintenance items, leading to successful QA completion, User Acceptance, deployment and installation to production.
· Communicate effectively with management, providing timely status and Daily reports as required.
· Experience of 2-5 years in application support
· Have good understanding of End to End application architecture and component troubleshooting
· Should been part of the crisis call and have done impact analysis and communicated to stakeholder
· Experience in Any one monitoring tool like App Dynamics, Splunk, BMC Patrol, HP BSM
· Java Programming, RDBMS, SQL (DB2, Oracle) UNIX and Control-M
· Knowledge on cloud infrastructure, and data warehousing concepts.
· Knowledge of Job Scheduling tool like Control-M is preferred.
· Experience working with ITIL Processes, Incident, Change, Problem management processes.
· Experience in Shell scripting, additional languages - Python/Perl is a plus.
· Proven ability to communicate between the business and technical teams as well as analysing, resolving and/or escalating problems.
· Experience managing small projects is added advantage.
· Reporting expertise - Actuate, Business Objects, Cognos is a plus.
· Experience with DevOps tools - GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins/Ansible
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued by HSBC Software Development Centre***