The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Java Developer
· Develop, maintain and extend Java J2EE applications utilizing Spring Boot, web services using Agile methodology with distributed processing and relational or NoSQL database backend.
· Primary responsibilities will be to analyze business requirements, develop software applications, code and debug, conduct unit/regression/load tests, document procedures, and write analysis/design documents as necessary.
· Perform software development and unit testing tasks in support of the development using J2EE and open source technologies.
· Work with a team of software professionals to develop new functionality and correct software defects.
· Follow detailed lifecycle processes, utilizing best practices for configuration control and development practices.
· Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging, as well as recommending changes to improve the established processes.
Transform requirements into stipulations and identify production and non-production application issues
· Must possess hands-on Java J2EE development experience using Spring Boot.
· Prior experience of working on a Spring based application, Spring Integration, Spring Security
· Prior experience with database interaction from spring framework preferably Oracle database.
· Experience developing using Agile methodology.
· Maven or Gradle experience.
· Test Driven Development experience is desired preferably jUnit test design using Mockito framework and Wiremock.
· Ability to gather accurate requirements and work closely with stakeholders to prioritize tasks and the scope of development
· Proven track record in designing, developing and deploying applications. Hands-on experience with Unix, Git, Gradle, Jenkins
· Proficiency in using JIRA and Confluence
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***