(Please describe the role that the Candidate will be undertaking within the team)
You will be part of a Finance IT core team and will have the following responsibilities:
· Provide Oracle expertise for development activities
· Re-designing application into smaller components
· Feasibility of Cloud implementation
· DevOps and Agile practices
· Work closely with Business & IT Project Managers to ensure delivery of solutions consistent with Finance IT's Strategic Architecture.
· Provide input to design discussions and project planning meetings.
· Provide input to test plans and testing strategies.
· Support the testing Manager in the execution of system testing, integration testing and UAT.
· Build good working relationships with other IT departments and relevant business areas
· Provide out of hours support to the production batch with a focus on Oracle and performance tuning
· Manage a team of ~ 24 developers
Job Specification – Part 2
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE ( in order of importance )
Including: technical knowledge, company/industry experience, IT knowledge (levels required), languages etc.
· Oracle development techniques
· Strong Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL and Good knowledge of SQL
· Detailed knowledge of the cost based optimizer with Oracle 10/11.
· Strong experience in SQL query writing, including ANSI SQL.
· Extensive experience in Version control software, namely Jira / RTC
· Good experience in investigating and tuning Oracle performance issues.
· UNIX experience including script generation.
· Experience of Batch Automation software (ie BMC Control-M).
· Experience in Devops and Agile development.
· Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills.
· Exposure in performance Tuning / debugging complicated PL/SQL projects
· Exposure/Experience in Microgen Aptitude could be an added advantage for this profile.
Including: commercial orientation, customer drive, business development, analytical reasoning, management planning, decisiveness, leadership, teamwork, building and managing relationships, communication, drive and resilience, change orientation, technical knowledge etc
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and spoken) – comfortable with detail.
· Disciplined approach to IT systems implementation
· Ability to work under pressure
· Strong team player
· Flexible approach to working hours and responsibilities
· Ownership of tasks assigned to ultimate resolution
· Appetite, enthusiasm and desire to initiate change and execute strategy
(Please list any experience/skills that would be considered as desirable although not essential for this role)
· Control-M Tool
· Version control software, namely RTC / Jira
· Deep knowledge of Finance business processes and front to back Investment Banking processes.
· Knowledge of Onshore – Offshore model of working.
· Experience of working with people in UK and HK
Including: General comments of type of Candidate required ( Any further qualities that will be needed for this role )
· The role is based in Pune, India