HSBC Global Services Canada Limited (HGCA), is a subsidiary of HSBC Global Services Limited, owned by HSBC Holdings plc. HGCA provides operational services to countries across the HSBC Group which is thelargest and leading international bank in the Canada.
Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It's this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Global Banking & Markets, IT
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides financial services and products to corporates, governments and institutions worldwide, building partnerships with them to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. We use the strength of HSBC's international network to connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
The GBM Technology team is dedicated to supporting GBM by working in partnership with business leaders who rely on us for delivering innovative, robust, stable platforms to enable their investment and financial solutions for clients. Join GBM Technology and be part of the global connectivity, collaboration and team that spans across 20 countries. The total number of successful production releases surpass some of the biggest blue chip tech companies. Canada is a key location in GBM Technology's global growth strategy and is receiving global attention for its deliveries.
Key Objectives for Full Stack Engineering:
We are looking for a talented senior DevOps Fullstack JAVA/HTML5 with some P&L experience Developer. The team is responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting the next generation of FX Cash and Options business systems in HSBC.
Provide consultation and assistance to Corporate and Business organizations in the preparation of project plans as assigned.
Controls critical cross-functional projects, related project risk and resulting impact on business and strategic plans. May function as Corporate-wide project manager for select projects. Defines and delivers global and strategic technical projects.
Provide computer program and system development and technical support, implement complex technical strategies, and correct problems of a highly complex, critical nature. Initiate analysis for complex problems and issues, determine technical alternatives, analyze vendor solutions and negotiate contracts, and develop appropriate standards for technology application.
Provide technical leadership and consultation to project team members as directed by the project manager. Initiate and conduct feasibility studies of new and modified operational procedures. For large systems, prepare cost/benefit analyses, functional and detail specifications. Provide direct guidance in planning, designing, programming, documentation and implementation of the systems. Perform reviews of new and existing systems to ensure operational integrity and accomplishment of stated objectives. Design, code, test, debug and document programs as required.
Assist in the management of the partnership with the business unit.
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Define project objectives and prepares project plans as assigned continuing to utilize technical expertise. Provides analysis and solutions to technical and business issues. Understand and apply technology and Corporate vision setting direction on implementation. Maintain awareness of business and technology strategies and implements technical alternatives and strategies to gain competitive advantage. Manage vendor relationships, and maintains the complex technical infrastructure of assigned area to meet business requirements.
Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & experience / Qualifications:
· Can demonstrate outstanding Java 8 skills (Concurrency, data structures, lock-free, wait free code, low latency)
· Experience with PostgreSQL database
· Experience with REST and messaging technologies
· Experience in enterprise security.
· Experience in Clojure is a plus.
· Experience with usage of HTTP Restful APIs
· Experience writing mutli-threads software desired
· Experience in GUI Testing tools such as Selenium
· Enterprise security is a plus
· MDX / OLAP / Active Pivot skills is a plus.
· Experience with P&L experience.
· Experience working in a DevOps focused environment
· Experience of working in an Agile Team.
· Highly collaborative and driven by successful product delivery as well as their own personal goals.
· Can demonstrate continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles.
· Strong understanding and experience of profiling and performance tuning.
· Able to undertake and complete technical challenges outside of comfort zone, sometimes with minimal direction.
· TDD, Continuous Integration, Selenium, continuous deployment and testing
· Interest and experience in a wide range of technologies and best practices surrounding GUI/Java technology.
· Understanding of structure and mechanics of FX products.
· Demonstrates a passion for software development outside of work through involvement in opensource, working groups etc
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
· Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
· Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
· Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
· International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives