Full Stack Developer – Equites Technology
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a number of experienced Full Stack Developers to join HSBC Technology.
Equities Technology is a global department with teams in London, Paris, New York, Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Pune – supporting businesses covering Cash and Electronic Trading, Delta One and Flow Trading, Equity Derivatives, Prime Finance and Futures. The organization is rapidly transforming both its people structure and ways of working to better align with our business and increase the speed and quality of delivery. We are adopting a DevOps model driving agile delivery and building a strong product ownership group.
What you will be doing;
· The Successful candidate will work at improving controls over the Equity Derivatives trading and/or operations tools
· This may require analyzing, understanding a new feature required by our business or existing tools (Excel/VBA) and either re-design/re-write them in a python framework or partially re-design them to start the path towards demise
· Developers are required to have day to day interaction with the trading desk and will work on local and global tactical and semi strategic platforms.
· Manage end to end Projects, such as requirement gathering, development, UAT, deployment and support
· Follow up with users during the UAT phases
· Write test cases and documentation
· Support users post deployment
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
· Good knowledge of Object Oriented Languages (Java, .Net), Python scripting and some VBA
· Experience of using NoSQL databases (Mongo), KDB is a plus
· Good skills with web services such as SOAP or RESTFUL and web based applications
· Ability to own the entire project cycle in a complex and global environment.
· Experience of equity derivatives products either Derivative Pricing or Risk Management
· Motivation towards understanding further the equity derivatives business
These roles will primarily be London /Sheffield site based at our Head Office in Canary Wharf and at our cutting edge Technology Centre in the Bluefin building, Southwark but some travel may be required.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.