Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Full Stack Engineer.
We are looking for Engineers to help us build and run HSBC's online banking services, helping us move away from the monolithic architectures of the past to a new microservices platform. You will be part of a cross functional product team delivering products into production in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices.
In this role, you will be:
· Responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience driven by the product teams
· Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
· Using the latest UI/Mobile technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
· Keen to collaborate with others, and you'll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
· Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
Be familiar with the majority, and expert in some of the following:
· Building ‘mobile first', responsive, adaptive single page applications
· Solid awareness of cross-browser/device and cross platform development
· Standards compliant HTML5, CSS3, ES6
· Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven
· Node.js, React, Redux, Yarn, Babel, PM2, Webpack, AEM
· Mocha, Chai, Jest, Cucumber
· Test automation development utilising - Selenium, Junit, Wiremock
· Experience consuming REST APIs and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
Tools / Methodologies
· CI/CD - tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, SonarQube, Nexus, Canary, Webhook
· Agile Tooling – Jira, Confluence, Slack
· Application Monitoring – Splunk, AppDynamics
· Spring Boot, Tomcat, Apache
· PaaS/IaaS –Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Mule API gateway
· DevOps processes and experience
· Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
· Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.