Finance Manager – Balance sheet and costs control Global Finance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis, accuracy, efficiency, and control to frame and influence business decisions.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of F inance Manager – Balance sheet and costs control
The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the balance sheet substantiation, costs analysis and intercompany charges relating to HSBC Holdings, including:
· Responsible for maintaining controls around Balance Sheet reconciliation and substantiation and the monthly certification
· Overseeing the monthly balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation process for all balances, including
· Performing and / or reviewing reconciliations for balances owned by the Holdings financial control team
· Monitoring and reporting on status of all accounts
· Collate, report and monitor exceptions
· Collate monthly reconciliation certificate for signing by chief accounting officer
· Assisting in setting up a strong cost control environment including good understanding cost drivers and quality variance commentary
· Work with business owners to understand cost drivers
· Collate monthly commentary for review with financial controller
· Gain a thorough understanding of the monthly accrual process and review the control environment around it
· Responsible for maintaining controls around intercompany balances
· Manage the settlement process for service company invoices, working with counterparties to resolve differences in a timely manner
· Gain a thorough understanding of the fusion system used to record intercompany invoices and transactions
· Monitor ageing of all intercompany positions
· Collate, report and monitor all intercompany exceptions
· Support the wider team which is responsible for monthly and quarterly statutory financial reporting for HSBC Holdings plc