Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis, accuracy, efficiency, and control to frame and influence business decisions.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of F inance Manager – Balance sheet and costs control
The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the balance sheet substantiation, costs analysis and intercompany charges relating to HSBC Holdings, including:
· Responsible for maintaining controls around Balance Sheet reconciliation and substantiation and the monthly certification
· Overseeing the monthly balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation process for all balances, including
· Performing and / or reviewing reconciliations for balances owned by the Holdings financial control team
· Monitoring and reporting on status of all accounts
· Collate, report and monitor exceptions
· Collate monthly reconciliation certificate for signing by chief accounting officer
· Assisting in setting up a strong cost control environment including good understanding cost drivers and quality variance commentary
· Work with business owners to understand cost drivers
· Collate monthly commentary for review with financial controller
· Gain a thorough understanding of the monthly accrual process and review the control environment around it
· Responsible for maintaining controls around intercompany balances
· Manage the settlement process for service company invoices, working with counterparties to resolve differences in a timely manner
· Gain a thorough understanding of the fusion system used to record intercompany invoices and transactions
· Monitor ageing of all intercompany positions
· Collate, report and monitor all intercompany exceptions
· Support the wider team which is responsible for monthly and quarterly statutory financial reporting for HSBC Holdings plc
In this role, you will:
· Perform balance sheet reconciliations for accounts owned by the team
· Monitoring the sign off status for all HSBC Holdings accounts within the account ownership system (AssureNet)
· Collate and maintain a list of reportable exceptions relating to the substantiation process
· Collate the monthly account reconciliation and sign off certification document, summarising key items for review and sign off by the chief accounting officer
· Review operating expenses with business owners as part of the month end close process
· Collating commentary on material expenses for review by the financial controller
· Reviewing and settling service company invoices
· Monitoring and reporting the status of all intercompany positions
· Assist the Financial Controller in any other month end/ quarter end activities
· Develop relationships with key stakeholders, including Global Finance Centre (GFC) partners
· Continually reviewing process for improvements and proactively reporting control deviciencies
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
Good knowledge of financial instruments and related accounting principles
· Experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders
· University graduate and qualified accountant e.g. Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) with minimum of 1 years PQE
· Experience in a similar Financial Control and Financial Reporting role in a financial institution, MS Excel and PowerPoint AND / OR relevant experience gained within banking and capital markets audit in a big 4 environment
· A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
· Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
The base location for this role is 8CS London
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.