HSBC Qianhai is a securities joint venture between HSBC and Qianhai Financial Holdings, and is majority owned by HSBC.
HSBC Qianhai brings together HSBC's global banking and markets expertise with Qianhai Financial Holdings' local insights to offer a comprehensive suite of China securities products and services.
At HSBC Qianhai, our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we seek to build long-term, strategic relationships with them. We work in close collaboration with HSBC's bankers and product specialists globally to provide tailored investment banking, securities broking, investment research and financial advisory services to meet the needs of our clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
Responsibilities of the role holder
· Primarily prepare general financial and regulatory reporting for book closing including daily ledger review and reconciliations, liquidity reporting and regular submission of financials to group aligned with accounting policy.
· Perform an impact assessment of any new local or global rules
· Ensure that the business is operating in compliance with external regulations and internal group finance policy.
· Assist other departments and the business to ensure no breaks between front office systems and group reporting
· Recognise fee income and make provisions at appropriate times
· Produce business analysis
· Perform review of new products or business initiatives raised, update accounting mapping to facilitate new bookings and ensure provision of sufficient resources for system testing.
· Prepare / review journal entries for which front office system cannot directly feed into ledger.
· Demonstrate high professionalism
· Understand, follow and demonstrate full compliance with all relevant internal and external regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of HSBC, also in line with the Code of Conduct
· Conduct and support ad hoc projects where applicable
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
· University graduate with 2-3 years’ experience in financial reporting, financial analysis or product control gained from the Financial Services sector (Big 4 experience will also be considered)
· Possession of professional accounting qualification for a China Securities firm (CICPA) is preferred.
· Experience in financial reporting and regulatory requirements of China financial market
· Good interpersonal, communication skills with confidence and competency to deal with senior business managers
· Strong business mind-set together with analytical and problem solving skills
· Well-organised, detail-orientated, able to cope with tight deadlines
· Fluent written and spoken Chinese. Working English required.
Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China