Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis, accuracy, efficiency, and control to frame and influence business decisions.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Financial Accountant.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Providing guidance to sites on their data submissions, in line with the Group Chart of Accounts (GRCA)
· Reviewing and analysing submissions from sites, to satisfy HBEU's external reporting requirements, and facilitate the onward submission to Group
· Assisting with the control, review and production of HBEU's external reports
· Maintenance, review and update of internal controls documentation including RCA and SOX
· Liaise with GB&M on disclosure issues, including control and review Levelling process for HBEU, liaising extensively with London GB&M over Leo and Saracen process
· Coordination and execution of ad hoc requests
· Assistance in developing HBEU's approach to new requirements
· Ensuring processes comply with all FIM requirements
· Liaising with, and providing support to, the offshore team based in Gurgaon, India
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· Strong academic credentials (degree or equivalent preferred)
· A recognised relevant professional accountancy qualification (Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), or equivalent)
· Good IFRS knowledge, including a good understanding of consolidated financial statements
· Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. Understanding of the Group's financial reporting systems and structures an advantage
· Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. strong knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Excel. Previous use of HFM Enterprise and Wdesk are desirable but not essential
· Audit and / or banking experience would be an advantage
· Ability to deal with and analyse unstructured problems and queries, and to question and challenge existing procedures
· Be a self-starter/motivated, and demonstrate the ability to work with minimum supervision
· Be able to work to challenging deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail
· Achieved targets and met expectations while supporting and encouraging others to do the same
· Demonstrated strong spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
· Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
· Experience of making prompt and practical business decisions, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
· Experience of planning and prioritising their own time effectively, aware of their responsibilities and committed to delivering these efficiently
· Experience of use of numerical data to assesses and report on performance and/or identify business issues and opportunities
The base location for this role is 8 Canada Square, London.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.