Financial Accountant, Global Finance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis, accuracy, efficiency, and control to frame and influence business decisions.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Financial Accountant.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Providing guidance to sites on their data submissions, in line with the Group Chart of Accounts (GRCA)
· Reviewing and analysing submissions from sites, to satisfy HBEU’s external reporting requirements, and facilitate the onward submission to Group
· Assisting with the control, review and production of HBEU’s external reports
· Maintenance, review and update of internal controls documentation including RCA and SOX
· Liaise with GB&M on disclosure issues, including control and review Levelling process for HBEU, liaising extensively with London GB&M over Leo and Saracen process
· Coordination and execution of ad hoc requests
· Assistance in developing HBEU’s approach to new requirements
· Ensuring processes comply with all FIM requirements
· Liaising with, and providing support to, the offshore team based in Gurgaon, India