Some career choices have more impact than others.
We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
The Executive Banking Consultant (EBC) combines customer facing and control elements in the branch, provide a seamless end to end customer experience by advising them on appropriate products and services. As an EBC, you will support the branch with all non-centralised controls tasks and be the second approver, cash custodian and control expert within the branch, supporting the Branch Manager. You will also act as a mentor to Personal Banking Consultants and be able to support Relationship Managers and offer Private Banking solutions to High Net Worth customers.
This role is based at our Brisbane Branch, on a permanent full time basis to commence from January 2023.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Performing account opening activities, managing complex multi-faceted queries and ensuring a seamless referral of customers to other colleagues for further banking needs.
• Be the branch’s trust account expert and play a role in training and coaching Personal Banking Consultants as well as assisting with Request for Information tasks.
• Introduce, promote and assist customers with digital banking solutions to meet customer needs
• Contribute to fulfil customer’s needs by providing personal banking products and services with a customer centric approach
• Manage customer feedback and enquiries effectively via management of the branch’s mailbox
• Daily maintenance and reconciliation of system audit reports
• Be the Second Key Holder supporting cash custodian under dual control
• End-of-day account balancing
• Updating and communicating audit requirements to the branch
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Minimum 12 months’ previous experience as Personal Banker or Customer Service Officer with a proven track record in customer excellence gained in banking, sales, hospitality or retail
• A keen and strong focus on customer service, professionalism and knowledge of frontline controls is critical to the success of the role
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• A clear understanding of how value is created within the Premier segment, both for customers and the bank
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of banking procedures and systems
• The desire to develop your financial expertise and grow your career
• Ability to understand and provide solutions tailored to meet individual customer needs
• A proven ability to multitask and demonstrate strong attention to detail
• The Higher School Certificate or equivalent certification
Preference will be given to candidates who hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights or who can show they currently have unrestricted work rights in Australia with no limitations.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Applications from First Nations peoples are encouraged.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia – https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia