Digital DevOps Engineer
Some careers grow faster than others.
Do you want to work for one of the world's largest global banks? Want to be part its exciting digital transformation? Do you want to engineer incredible products for millions of customers?
Well HSBC offers just that. It's exciting times here and if you're looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to grow, innovate and deliver cutting edge software then join us. Whether you want a career to take you to the top or simply take you in a new direction, HSBC offers fantastic opportunities, support and rewards that will help grow your career.
Global IT enables HSBC to remain at the forefront of software development by delivering top quality, customised banking solutions across 50+ countries. Increasingly our digital products are becoming the first point of contact for over 40 million HSBC customers, allowing us to embrace a rapid rate of change, the adoption of new technologies and utilise agile delivery methods. We believe in creating fantastic products with exceptional customer experience, ones that seamlessly integrate into our customer's lives.
Digital IT sits within Global IT with an annual budget of approximately $US 250-300 million. We're an international brand undertaking a major transformation and provide opportunities on a global scale.
We're looking for passionate, driven, team loving, kind, agile evangelising, technology enthusiasts to join the team and become part of our journey to shape and change the future of HSBC.
We are rebuilding our consumer facing digital products, from mobile banking to credit card applications. As part of that we are building a new platform to host and run all of this, making sure we have the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction and you can help bring this to life.
As a Digital DevOps Engineer you'll be part of the team moving the entire development pipeline to AWS. In this greenfield project you will be creating self-healing fully scalable Tier 0 development environments to be used by 10 000+ developers.
Our key technologies are Ansible, Terraform, Datadog, AWS, Github Enteprise, Jenkins Enterprise, Nexus, Selenium, Slack, Node.js, Jira, Confluence.
As DevOps Engineer you will:
· Have a detailed knowledge of deployment, automation, orchestration, and monitoring tools
· Experience in highly available, highly scalable architectures
· Knowledge of SAML
· Have experience designing and building in the cloud (ideally AWS / Azure)
· Proven track-record in leading technology evaluation and adoption
· Be comfortable working within an agile, multidisciplinary team.
· Be a clear communicator, document your work, and share your ideas but also be open to giving and receiving feedback.
· Ask ‘why', be inquisitive, and want to solve interesting problems
· Be prepared to challenge the status quo and always be pushing for smarter ways of working