The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Software Engineer.
· You will be working as developer on critical or important projects.
· Accountable for preparing a technical delivery plan and ensuring the timelines are met
· Implementation (Coding) of assigned modules/tasks and providing technical solutions to the team;
· Liaising with product owners, BAs and developers for clarity on stories, acceptance criteria and testing scope
· Working with different stakeholders from different locations ensuring delivery is at focus.
· 2-4 years of experience in Spring Boot and Java development.
· Strong knowledge and hands on experience on Java 8 or above, SpringBoot, Spring Integration, JUnits, Maven and SQL
· Extensive hands on experience on APIs and micro Services (REST/Mule).
· Databases (relational) ideally Oracle.
· Experience in development on modular Java applications/APIs and Database
· Experience on cloud platforms (PCF/AWS/GCP/Azure), Knowledge on GCP/IKP is a plus
· Tooling - Hands on experience on Sonar, Checkmarx, Shunya, Jenkins, GitHub etc
· Experience in estimating development efforts and delivery planning
· Experience working in Agile, DevOps using JIRA/Confluence, Splunk, AppDynamics, CI/CD automation
· Be an approachable and supportive team member with a collaborative attitude within a demanding environment
· Have an attitude for continuous learning
· Constantly work towards improving technical / platform knowledge of the team
· Be flexible under pressure and a team player & a delivery oriented person
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as he/she has to work in global environments
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
· Knowledge of Fraud Risk Systems. (Required)
· Knowledge of any Transaction monitoring systems ( Desired )
· Consulting type skills – communication / client management / presentation / facilitation, etc. either gained from a consultancy background or from an internal change function from a major bank. (Required)
· Organized, self-starter, highly motivated team player. (Required)
· Good communication skills. (Required)
· Ability to work under pressure. (Required)
· Takes accountability for oneself as well as exemplifying follow through. (Required)
· Flexible and able to change priorities seamlessly. (Required)
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.