Description de l'offre
Role Title: Development Engineer
Business: Information Technology
New or Existing Role? Existing
This role suitable for recent Graduates with 1-2 year commercial experience.
The Development Engineering job is responsible for developing the most appropriate complex Technology solutions using iterative software development/programming in line with the solution design, to meet customer needs, ensuring continuous improvement with responsibility to write the unit & integration tests performed by Test Engineers.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
· Compliance with all relevant controls and standards including relevant Service Management Standards, and ensure high data quality exists in Service Management systems of record.
· Providing support in the identification, root cause analysis and eradication of problems associated with the Technology service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team.
· Providing support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the Technology service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team.
· Note that this role is to be based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Ideally a minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mathematics
· One to two years commercial experience developing object oriented applications
· Experience with AWS, or Google cloud technologies would be an advantage
· Enjoys problem solving and has an analytical mind
· A genuine interest and aptitude for software development and software engineering
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/’Front to Back’ transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance). The enhanced approvals and vetting would need to be completed before the candidate will be confirmed in the role.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.