HSBC has committed over $2 billion dollars to a digital revolution, driving innovation and transforming our digital capabilities. We are building digital solutions that will impact the lives of our over 41 million Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) customers worldwide.
HSBC Digital Solutions (HDS) is an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
The Digital teams’ work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to compete effectively in a mobile, data-driven world.
We are looking for collaborative leaders with the spirit to make change happen. We champion brave new ideas that will transform customer experiences.
As a member of a thriving, creative and rapidly expanding team, this role will help define and drive the future of HSBC’s digital design for Global Public Website. You will own and support the management of image usage, rights and assets. Working on multiple projects and ensuring that imagery is on time and within budget. Working to continuously improve processes and establish effective methods for the provision of images and the build of an image library.
The Design Image Editor will work closely with the Designers and Digital Sub Editors and copywriters to manage and oversee the picture content, picture budgets and preparation for our platforms in the EU, ASP and the Americas markets, working collaboratively with teams in all locations.
You’ll be responsible for the day to day output of the picture desk ensuring our photography standards are maintained and delivered against HSBC digital brand strategy, key responsibilities include:
· Ability to work within stringent deadlines with the focus on sourcing, editing and packaging picture content to the highest standard
· Researching agency and PR pictures for various digital channels
· Accurately record and supply picture credits for images published by HSBC
· Where appropriate commissioning photographers and helping with shoots when required
· Review images, with high attention to detail and awareness for cultural differences
· Evaluate images on the basis of exposure/lighting, composition, colour balance, image sequence/layout.
· Obtain photographic permissions/copyrights for photo shoots when needed
· Attending editorial meetings with creative input for ideas for photos and features
· Negotiating rates with picture agencies, libraries and photographers for one off image usage
· Managing the picture budget
· Responsibility for marking up each issue on AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) HSBC’s content management system to mutually agreed timescales
Experience and Qualifications:
· Proven work experience as a Design Image Editor in a digital environment.
· Creative mind with an eye for visual detail
· Understanding of picture copyright issues
· Experience of organising photo shoots is useful
· Experience adhering to a photo-budget
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to evolve and maintain and improve a complex administration system
· Experience working with a digital asset management system
· Interest in photography and design, ideally with knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Bridge
The base location for this role is Stourton, Leeds at our First Direct Building
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.