The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC’s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Data Quality Analyst.
· Interface with stakeholders such as global and local process owners to collate data requirements to be prioritised for data management activities
· Provide guidance and feedback to local data mangers and other internal stakeholders on the completion and submission of CoE metadata templates and other metadata requirements
· Modelling of received metadata requirements into the Group Conceptual Data Model (HBIM) as critical data elements and associated metadata
· Periodic review, update, improvement, of metadata content in HBIM and Collibra to ensure metadata is up to date and of sufficient quality
· Liaise with Group metadata reviewers, and with data modellers in other lines of business to ensure timely publication of metadata content, and that metadata content is properly integrated into the wider HSBC framework
· Help to ensure our most critical business processes are prioritized for data management controls to mitigate data risks
· Facilitate compliance with regulatory and bank data management policies
· Build partnerships with group and business data management stakeholders to assess milestones and delivery schedules for data management processes
· Work with data modeler and data governance teams in other lines of business to properly integrate documented metadata into the bank-wide conceptual data model, and to facilitate a smooth metadata publication process
· Knowledge of general data management principles, in particular regarding critical data elements and data quality
· Experience with data management tools, preferably Collibra
· Experience working with global / regional teams is preferred
· Preferred experience with conceptual data modelling, business data ontology modelling
· Understanding of data dictionaries, physical database modelling principles
· Preferred experience with Relational Databases, Cloud Technologies, UNIX along with an understanding of modern programming languages
· Familiarity with retail banking business terminology
· Experience with visualization of data models and business intelligence
· Managing and joining large datasets for analysis, aggregation and reporting
· Strong MS-Excel skills
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited