COO Client Support Services Team assists in operationalisation of GPB&W vision and strategy. In that context the Team is responsible for GPB&W’s overall performance and operations delivery with an increased focus on creating continuous value to our customers and providing meaningful change.
The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
• Responsible for the coordination and completion of key trust operational activities and maintenance, whilst providing regulatory expertise and risk management assistance
• Complete operational and administrative duties, ensuring timely completion and compliance with established internal standards. In addition, he/she performs administrative tasks as required.
• Supervises at least one subordinate.
• Contributes to the profitability of HSBC Trustee by effective supervision of the subordinate.
Principal Accountabilities and decision making areas
• Deliver the highest standard of trust & fiduciary operational services and operating efficiency.
• Provide system maintenance (approval), including trust and customer information, SDI information, property details, etc on a itmely basis with high level of quality and accuracy.
• Translation of Cantonse and Chinese documents into English to support system maintenance (documents include birth certificates, passport, death certificate and corporate documents such as Register of Directors/Members etc)
• End to end coordination of trust closing process with front-office and trust accounting teams, including system maintenance
• Monitor progress of periodic internal reviews to ensure the trustee fulfil the fiduciary duties
• Review documentation prepared to ensure good quality
• Ensure appropriate and timely action taken in handling of various requests from the business
• Dealing with different stakeholders, including Trust Relationship Manaement team, internal and external auditors and members of TFS Management team
• Work with other departments to facilitate delivery of administration service to clients.
• Timely implementation of internal and external issues raised by management, audit and regulators.
• Assist in ad hoc projects.
• Report progress and problem to management.
• Work collaboratively with the members of team as well as with the local teams.
• Ensure appropriate ownership of the tasks assigned.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk/FIM requirements)
· The jobholder will ensure the timely execution of the assigned tasks. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns .
· The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
· The jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Compliance, Legal and Risk frameworks.
Observation of Internal Controls
· The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators. Demonstrate core behaviours and values including teamwork, focus, sharing experience and knowledge, support to peers, drive and determination.
What you will need to succeed in the role: (Minimum Qualification and Skills Required)
• University graduate, with major in finance/business administration, accounting or relevant discipline.
• At least 2 years of operational support full-time experience
• Excellent PC skills with a high proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong & crucial ability to multi-task
• High level of competency in communication, both written and oral, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team as well as with minimal supervision
• Work well under pressure and have ability to prioritise and multitask.
• Confident decision maker and problem solver.
• Excellent planning & organisational skills.
• Fluent in English and ability to translate Cantonese and Chinese documents into English.