Some career choices have more impact than others.
We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
This position will support the Senior Data Manager to execute the data governance operating model. This will require working with all WPB (Wealth & Personal Banking) teams / business areas, country and regional Chief Data Office (CDO), as well as with AU functions such as Finance, HOST, Legal and Risk.
The role holder will also provide support for data quality issues management (DQIM) including regular review of data quality dashboards, impact assessment, root cause analysis and recommending prioritization of identified data quality issues. The individual may also assist in facilitating the resolution of data quality issues via data remediations.
· Execute upon the group data strategy with focus on simplification and data quality issues management
· Assist in implementation and execution of controls that reduce data related operational risk, including data quality issues management and data privacy
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Services / Banking business processes
· Business process analysis skills – ability and demonstrated experience to interpret policies and regulations, analyze and document current processes and translate into enhanced processes, business requirements and controls
· Data analysis skills – ability to analyze client identifiers and data quality fail records to identify patterns and potential root cause
· Exposure to data governance related roles or leading data quality improvement initiatives would be ideal.
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship, or New Zealand Citizenship.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.