Contrôleur de Gestion
CDI Courbevoie (Hauts-de-Seine) Accounting / Management control
Description de l'emploi
Global Banking and Markets Business Finance support is split into three sub teams; Banking Business partnering, MSS Business Partnering and the GB&M Business Finance team based in India. Combined these finance teams deliver Business Partnering to the heads of MSS and Banking in HBCE and all supporting MI, month end and processing activities.
The role is within Business Finance for the Banking Pillar, supporting the HBCE Banking Business Partner to assist the business with decision making working closely with the business heads, Business development and portfolio management.
• Analysis and forecasting of financials (including Revenues, RWAs, balances and Costs)
• Monthly reporting at business/ product level, overall business/ product performance packs, Decks, Cost and analytical review packs
• Analysis and deep dives of key finance topics and addressing ad hoc queries
• AOP and Forecast process support, working with the business and other finance partners and ensuring the correct changes in Tm1 and monitoring of the process
• Contribute to the stress testing activities for Banking, including improving our tools for NII modelling.
• BAU change initiatives and driving MI standardisation. Including addressing impact on structural changes of the business on Finance.
• Drive Reporting improvements incorporating feedback from CFO, business reviews, process changes from transformation initiatives that impact business reporting from time to time
• Demonstrating agility to incorporate management reporting change requests on the back of business and finance initiatives
• Proficiency in Global reporting systems i.e., TM1 (GRC, OPPL, BFR) and hands-on experience with Essbase
The scope of this role is GB&M in HBCE. Mainly focusing on the Banking business but also addressing cross GB&M topics including aiding the efficient functioning and transformation of the combined GB&M team and liaising with the CMB Business finance team.
The role represents an opportunity to gain an insight into the Banking business in Continental Europe, gain experience in a business finance role. Understanding the challenges facing the business and aiding compile their planning specifically in context of the transformation of HSBC Continental Europe bank.
Customers and Stakeholders:
• GB&M Business Finance India, MSS Business Partner and CMB Business Finance
• France FP&A, Business Finance change, ALCM, Operational Accounting and Regulatory reporting
• Banking CoS, Business Development, Portfolio Management and Wholesale support teams
• Regional GB&M and Banking Finance
• The GB&M Business Finance team for HBCE is undergoing a period of change, with a number of roles and responsibilities being reshaped and with increased support provided by GFC colleagues.
• The jobholder is expected to be a self-starter and should be able to adapt to dynamic environment
• The jobholder will need to constantly engage with the stakeholders for BAU, including identification of areas of improvement and change, movement of work between team members and be able to work with team members based in multiple locations.
Management of Risk:
• Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
Observation of Internal Controls:
• Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
• Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
• Relevant experience in a Finance environment and in the Financial Services industry
• Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
• Be able to show a proactive ‘change’ mentality; not afraid to ‘get your hands dirty’
• Experience and strong ability with Excel and powerpoint
• Time management - ensure that all deadlines are met on time without sacrificing quality of information
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast changing, results driven environment
• Experience of working with offshore teams an advantage
• Team player due to inherent dependency upon other areas of Finance
• Ability to highlight problems but more importantly offer solutions and drive through their execution in a collective environment.