Analyst Apprentice - Compliance Analytics Governance & Standards
Level 3 Risk & Compliance Apprenticeship programme
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. As a HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential, which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
This is an exciting new opportunity within our Compliance Analytics Governance & Standards team which, for the right candidates, is a fast track pathway to a long and varied career within the Compliance Chief Operating Office (COO) function. This is an Apprenticeship opportunity which will see the successful candidates join on an 18-month Level 3 Apprenticeship programme.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime compliance. Acting as risk stewards, and supported by a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
Compliance Analytics sits within the Compliance Chief Operating Office (COO), which is one of the four Group Capability teams within Compliance (the 4 Group Compliance Capabilities are; Financial Crime, Regulatory Conduct, a Chief Operating Office and Assurance). Compliance Analytics provide industry-leading Analytics Management services at a strategic and tactical level for all markets and lines of business, which robustly protects our Customers and HSBC from Financial Crime risk and enables HSBC to grow safely.
Compliance Analytics enable HSBC to grow safely by designing, building and deploying Models which protect the Bank from emergent and existing financial crime. Compliance Analytics Models protect our Customers and HSBC on a day to day basis informing the Banks financial crime controls, policy & procedures. We robustly govern, enhance and develop enhance Analytics Models to ensure these adapt to the evolving Financial Crime environments in which they operate.
This role sits within Governance and Standards, which is one of the five sub functions within Compliance Analytics. This permanent, entry level role will be an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to gain experience in Model Risk Governance, Policies & Oversight, Control Effectiveness and Strategy & Engagement, across the Compliance Analytics Function, wider COO teams and across Regional teams. This role provides a superb opportunity to support and gain experience in a broad area of capabilities and support truly Global initiatives.
We are looking for driven, creative individuals who want to gain experience in a globally recognised organisation helping to push the boundaries on how data science can solve problems and manage risk, policies, management action plans, and projects in Compliance. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to gain experience in Compliance, supporting truly Global initiatives in an exciting, collaborative and supportive environment. You will be supported throughout your entire journey, with a mixture of classroom learning, independent study and on the job training designed to build your foundations for a successful career within the HSBC Group.
We are currently seeking individuals to join this team as an Analyst Apprentice
This role sits within the Governance & Standards Team within Group Compliance Analytics. The role will specifically work across Control Effectiveness and/or Model Governance & Oversight Team. The purpose of the role is to provide support in the planning, design, coordination and execution of critical model risk management and control effectiveness activities:
· Support the tracking of open issues / actions (IMR, Audit, Assurance) and MSIIs and work with key stakeholders to ensure that timely, concise updates are documented and that they are closed on time;
· Support maintaining central oversight and control of planned reviews, via strong Stakeholder relationships across Audit, Assurance, CCO, and Compliance Analytics Management Teams;
· Support coordination of read across activities to identify broader control related applicability and address this through the creation of Management Action Plans (MAP’s) or other remediation / risk acceptance where required;
· Support the creation and centralisation of communications, papers, and management information (MI) regarding issues, controls, and issues management for Senior Management;
· Support Stakeholder MAP creation in to the relevant source systems and act as an SME;
· Help support the Global Model Risk Control Owner with tasks related to continuous monitoring for these controls, including tasks related to quarterly;
· Provide support related to control reviews and attestations;
· Support the creation of meeting packs as appropriate (e.g. CA CEMM, Compliance Model Oversight Forum), meeting minutes and other communications where appropriate.
· Become a SME on Model Risk FIM, Control Effectiveness, Compliance Analytics Model Life Cycle and support the wider Compliance Analytics Teams; and
· Provide adhoc project support where required to meet Compliance Analytics Strategic Objectives.
The base location for this role is London, but applicants from across the UK will be considered.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close the applications early. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
For any questions or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an entry level role and the focus of the jobholder will be to learn all skills required to grow their career in Compliance. Full support will be provided, but to be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
· Interest in Data Science and Analytics
· Curiosity, to go beyond what’s obvious and ask the questions
· Passion to work with people and numbers
· Creative thinking and attention to detail
· Organisational & Problem solving skills
· A “people first” approach, willing to put the customer at the heart of decision making
· A natural innovation – able to bring ideas to the table
· Team player and an effective networker with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
· A strong moral compass, comfortable speaking up if they see something which does not appear or feel to be right
· Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
· Passion to work with people and put customers at the heart of everything we do
· A methodical approach to work and learning with the ability to learn and apply new information quickly
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to translate complex terms or processes into simple, easily digestible formats
· Adhering to HSBC’s values of being dependable, open to different ideas and cultures, connected to colleagues and customers, and acting with courageous integrity in everything we do. This means having the courage to make decisions based on doing the right thing, and upholding the Bank’s ethical standards and principles.
· 96 UCAS points at A ‘level or equivalent and a Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship.