If you're looking for a rewarding career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that will take you to the top, or simply in a new exciting direction, HSBC offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options and exposure within HSBC. We are also relocating our UK Head Office ring fenced banking operations to Birmingham and significantly increasing career opportunities in the Midlands area.
As a confident communicator you will need to use your skills to help customers who may be experiencing financial difficulties. You will need to be a good listener with an appreciation of the issues people can face in their daily lives. We're here to help our customers and you'll get a great feeling from knowing you've helped someone make their first step towards resolving their financial difficulties.
What you get in return -
This exciting opportunity is supported with an attractive reward package, including flexible benefits such as life insurance, income protection, healthcare, local discounts, events and quarterly award opportunities and charity and volunteering work. On top of that, there is a pension with employee contributions up to 7%, multiple employee discounts and a competitive salary (dependant on experience). There is also an opportunity to earn a performance related quarterly bonus.
At the start of your career journey we will provide you with all the training and development you require to be successful within your role, through a comprehensive blended learning approach.
You should have the flexibility to work within the hours of Monday to Thursday 8AM to 9PM, Friday 8AM to 6PM, and Saturday 8:30AM to 4PM working 35 hours per week.
In this role you will –
· Contact and communicate with customers that are in financial difficulty using effective questioning and listening skills to enable you to fully understand their individual financial circumstances and to discuss solutions that meet their specific needs.
· Be passionate and care about offering a service to our valued customers that is second to none
· Be confident, outgoing, and resilient and be able to quickly establish rapport with our customers and build lasting relationships
· Demonstrate the ability to persevere in challenging situations and be able to work as part of a team is essential to this role - Treat customers fairly at the heart of all that you do
The Apprenticeship -
As part of your role, you will undertake an Apprenticeship leading to recognition against industry standard competencies and the opportunity to gain a professional knowledge-based qualification. The professional qualifications can lead, with further study, to a banking degree. You will also have the opportunity to meet new people, develop your professional network, while earning a competitive salary and benefits package.
At HSBC we value every member of our team, we take the time to get to know our staff and will support you with tailored development plan and internal career opportunities which will allow you to progress within HSBC. We can offer you competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
The Apprenticeship programme comprises three components:
· A competency-based qualification that is recognised nationally which you'll gain from undertaking your day-to-day job.
· A knowledge-based qualification that is recognised nationally. This could be, for example, an Institution of Financial Services (IFS) or customer service qualification, depending on your role and the qualification you undertake
· Functional skills including communication, technology and team work
In addition to on-the-job training, you will have access to the wider learning and development curriculum offered at HSBC, including HSBC University, as well as opportunities to join our Employee Network Groups and participate in sustainability activities.
The ideal candidate for this role will have -
· Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics at Grade C or above.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to consult with our customers to fully understand their needs.
· The ability to solve practical problems, ask questions, and collect information to provide customer centric solutions.
· A high level of self-motivation and positive attitude and to put your customers at the heart of everything you do.
· The skill to utilise multiple systems to explore your customer's needs and bespoke requirements.
Please note – Any candidate who already has a degree in financial services or level 3 financial services apprenticeship would not be eligible for this role. Please continue to our careers page to see what alternative opportunities we have available.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
HSBC est l’une des plus grandes banques internationales avec une présence dans plus de 85 pays dans le monde. Elle a été créée en 1865 sous le nom de « The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation », et son siège social est basé à Londres. En France, HSBC totalise environ 400 agences et près de 10 000 salariés, avec une spécialisation dans plusieurs activités : une banque pour les particuliers, spécialisées notamment dans la gestion de patrimoine, une banque privée (gestion de fortune), une banque d’entreprises, qui s’appuie sur le réseau de l’ensemble du groupe HSBC dans le monde, et une banque de financement, d’investissement et de marchés. En 2012, HSBC France a réalisé un résultat avant impôt de 450 millions d’euros.