Collections Advisor Apprenticeship 2018 - Birmingham
If you're looking for a rewarding career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that will take you to the top, or simply in a new exciting direction, HSBC offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options and exposure within HSBC. We are also relocating our UK Head Office ring fenced banking operations to Birmingham and significantly increasing career opportunities in the Midlands area.
As a confident communicator you will need to use your skills to help customers who may be experiencing financial difficulties. You will need to be a good listener with an appreciation of the issues people can face in their daily lives. We're here to help our customers and you'll get a great feeling from knowing you've helped someone make their first step towards resolving their financial difficulties.
What you get in return -
This exciting opportunity is supported with an attractive reward package, including flexible benefits such as life insurance, income protection, healthcare, local discounts, events and quarterly award opportunities and charity and volunteering work. On top of that, there is a pension with employee contributions up to 7%, multiple employee discounts and a competitive salary (dependant on experience). There is also an opportunity to earn a performance related quarterly bonus.
At the start of your career journey we will provide you with all the training and development you require to be successful within your role, through a comprehensive blended learning approach.
You should have the flexibility to work within the hours of Monday to Thursday 8AM to 9PM, Friday 8AM to 6PM, and Saturday 8:30AM to 4PM working 35 hours per week.
In this role you will –
· Contact and communicate with customers that are in financial difficulty using effective questioning and listening skills to enable you to fully understand their individual financial circumstances and to discuss solutions that meet their specific needs.
· Be passionate and care about offering a service to our valued customers that is second to none
· Be confident, outgoing, and resilient and be able to quickly establish rapport with our customers and build lasting relationships
· Demonstrate the ability to persevere in challenging situations and be able to work as part of a team is essential to this role - Treat customers fairly at the heart of all that you do
The Apprenticeship -
As part of your role, you will undertake an Apprenticeship leading to recognition against industry standard competencies and the opportunity to gain a professional knowledge-based qualification. The professional qualifications can lead, with further study, to a banking degree. You will also have the opportunity to meet new people, develop your professional network, while earning a competitive salary and benefits package.
At HSBC we value every member of our team, we take the time to get to know our staff and will support you with tailored development plan and internal career opportunities which will allow you to progress within HSBC. We can offer you competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
The Apprenticeship programme comprises three components:
· A competency-based qualification that is recognised nationally which you'll gain from undertaking your day-to-day job.
· A knowledge-based qualification that is recognised nationally. This could be, for example, an Institution of Financial Services (IFS) or customer service qualification, depending on your role and the qualification you undertake
· Functional skills including communication, technology and team work
In addition to on-the-job training, you will have access to the wider learning and development curriculum offered at HSBC, including HSBC University, as well as opportunities to join our Employee Network Groups and participate in sustainability activities.