Role Title: Cloud Architect
Digital at HSBC
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC’s history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
This role sits within the newly formed Digital Cloud Services function. This function is driving innovation across the bank through the use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud offerings. The team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing operational support of AWS services for the HSBC Digital business.
The role of the Cloud Architect is to develop solutions designs aligned to the banks standards, policies and technical defaults. The Cloud Architect will work closely with project teams to understand their functional and non-functional requirements and develop AWS infrastructure designs to meet their needs. The architects will work closely with the development & engineering teams through the project lifecycle to ensure delivery is aligned to the designs and provide technical consultancy as required. The architects will provide subject matter expertise in the development of cloud standards and represent Digital projects in architecture governance forums.
The Cloud Architect will be accountable for:
· Solutions architecture design for Digital cloud platforms
· Reviewing implementation to ensure alignment against design
· Alignment of Digital solutions to globally defined enterprise architecture policies, patterns, blueprints and frameworks
Your responsibilities will include:
The Cloud Architect will be responsible for:
· Working with the Global Cloud Services enterprise architecture function to develop design patterns suitable for Digital platforms
· Developing solution architecture designs for Digital cloud platforms/services ensuring alignment with globally defined patterns/blueprints
· Supporting security architecture review of cloud infrastructure designs
· Representing Digital platforms/services in solution architecture governance forums
· Providing technical input and know-how to architecture governance processes and forums for new AWS services
· Reviewing changes made by AWS to understand the impact on Digital platforms/services
· Maintaining a log of all design decisions and the context of key decisions
· Supporting projects through exception processes where design is not fully aligned to global patterns/blueprints
· Providing ad-hoc consultancy advice to Digital projects on the adoption of AWS cloud infrastructure