Role Title: Client Service Officer
New or Existing Role? New
· To Support GB / GBM Relationship Managers (RM's) in the ongoing management of client relationships by providing consistent, high quality support to deliver an excellent client experience
· To work alongside Client Managers within GBM Business Services, taking responsible for the operational effectiveness of the client relationship, helping clients and RM's navigate HSBC's Global network, local coverage, and product support teams
· To proactively manage all aspects of Client Service for an assigned group of RM's / portfolio of clients, ensuring high quality of service is delivered at all times to Clients and internal customers
Impact on Business
· To be in regular contact with customers on operational issues and take prompt follow-up action on outstanding matters
· To deal independently with telephone enquiries from customers and liaise closely with other HSBC departments and branches in answering / resolving customer queries / issues.
· Take ownership of Client Maintenance and servicing activities including
· Ad hoc client queries and escalations.
· Dealing with urgent payment issues, managing client complaints, fixing mistakes
· Undertake all other required activities as directed by line manager or as agreed in annual objectives in support of the development of the Client Service function.
Customers / Stakeholders
· To proactively manage all aspects of Client Service ensuring a high quality of service is delivered at all times
· To provide a timely response and resolution to client / operational queries
Leadership & Teamwork
· Uphold the highest level of integrity and act as a role model for all HSBC values and business principles
· Collaborate with GBM Business Services colleagues ensuring the highest standard of service is delivered to clients and Relationship teams at all times
· Share knowledge and information to help build technical competence across the function
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· To understand the impact of new initiatives and re-engineered processes on their respective client relationships and ensure effective communication of change
· Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and perform to the highest standards
· To act as an escalation point regarding service or operational control issues and assist in identifying and progressing improvements
· Execute activities within agreed operating control framework
· Global Banking Client Service is a new Global function within GBM Business Services. Role holders must be flexible and be comfortable with changes that may arise over time in the scope of activities they perform
· Role holders will need to be comfortable with taking accountability and ownership of new activities governed through the Service Catalogue
· The job is complex, encompassing multi-layered relationships, sophisticated products, sales, credit, and operational functionality in a global, regional and local context
· The job holder will need to engage a wide variety of teams and therefore require strong and effective communication skills
· To provide best in class support to Relationship Managers and clients across the Global Banking business.
Management of Risk
· Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.