The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Our Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24- hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Our services are offered both online and offline in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide. We specialise in foreign exchange, credits and rates, structured derivatives, equities and debt, equity and equity-linked capital markets.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Client Service Manager.
Working alongside the Account Management Team and the Client Executives, the key purpose of the role will be to ensure that we deliver a service proposition that meets clients’ requirements for exceptional service while also recognising and adapting to changing client requirements as automation and digitisation reduce reliance on operational dependencies and interaction day to day, and clients seek to extract additional, long term value from their service providers.
The role will be critical to the on-going satisfaction and sustainability of our client relationships by helping support and maintain a robust operating platform for sustainable growth and ensuring we deliver:
· An industry-recognised, best in class client service proposition
· A fully reference-able client base
· Excellent standards of operational integrity and performance
As well as assisting to maintain the highest levels of service as a core relationship foundation, the role holder will help identify and deliver key differentiators to clients. This will include operational efficiencies by trend analysis as well as the utilisation of data and new technology, the multiple products and services that complement the MSS offering within the Group and leveraging MSS’s extensive proprietary network - people and market influence.
To do so, the role holder will be required to continually familiarise themselves with the services MSS offers today, adhering to and monitoring client specific SLA and MI and the product roadmap for the future.
To achieve this, the role holder will need to forge deep relationships with key stakeholders including from the following business partners:
· Client Service Teams
· Client Executives
· Account Management
· Service Delivery
· Digital & Data
· Client Control & Governance
Managing relationships with clients and other stakeholders will also be key to the success of the role, and will necessitate that select client events are planned and attended appropriately and that client feedback and key management reporting from MSS and industry surveys as well as other mediums is effectively produced and utilised.
In summary, the role holder will act as the senior operational escalation point to ensure we attain the highest levels of satisfaction, retention and reference-ability of the client base. Additionally, the role holder will act as the core operational relationship touch point across MSS products for a select number of clients. Many of the MSS teams, including client facing teams, are virtual and spread over multiple geographical locations, making collaboration with client and internal stakeholders a crucial component of the success of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Client retention – work in tandem with Account Management, product management and client management to ensure high levels of current and future service, client satisfaction and a reference-able client base
· Operational satisfaction – act as the senior escalation point for all operational issues and requirements including service delivery, MI and analysis, service review meetings and account opening
· Create and maintain detailed client plans that effectively map the service requirements, organisational structure and key contact points in the assigned clients
· Ensure proactive management of operational issues across all products and jurisdictions
· Capture, advocate and drive service improvement opportunities and prioritise change management agendas across the business for the select client base
· Establish/adhere to an agreed governance framework and meeting schedules to deliver strong senior client engagement and maintain full compliance with internal controls
· Minimum of three years’ experience of client management, business implementation/change, business development and/or senior operational leadership experience
· Client facing with excellent communication and presentation skills, including an ability to lead and manage meetings
· Track record in maintaining and retaining client relationships across securities services products with an ability to help execute departmental strategy
· Understanding of core commercial and contractual drivers and business performance
· Proven ability to adapt to the changing demands of the industry, clients and internal stakeholders
· Proven capacity to operate across a complex organisation collaboratively, whilst ensuring that the agreed client/HSBC agenda is effectively managed
· Demonstrable quality track record as a team-player with the capacity to positively contribute to the department strategy
· Fully proficient in understanding the regulations that drive the securities services arena and in particular those that govern client management
· Sound understanding of controls, risk management (product and market) and mitigation techniques
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.