Role Title: Client Service Associate
New or Existing Role: Existing
· The jobholder will work as part of a team dedicated to performing the role of Facility Agent in the Project and Export Finance market. The jobholder support a team of client service managers, and will be required to display a strong commitment to maintaining and improving a quality client service proposition. The jobholder will be required to work with internal teams, both onshore and offshore, to maximise the client experience of dealing with HSBC from mandate through to final repayment.
· The jobholder will support a team of client service managers (CSM) who have prime responsibility for a portfolio of client relationships where they relate directly to the Export and Project Finance facilities on which we are appointed as facility agent.
· The jobholder will be required to work with internal teams from mandate to ensure that the onboarding and closing of the deal is professionally executed; to help build and develop the relationship with the client, to act as an advocate for the client within HSBC; and to be a point of contact (for both internal and external parties) for escalation of issues, and assist in delivering on the action plans to resolve performance issues (both from a CTLA and a Client Perspective).
· The jobholder will be required to display a strong client service work ethic, ensuring that customer requirements are understood; that our requirements and processes are explained; and that they display a commitment to service delivery that demonstrates that the client is at the heart of everything that we do. Ensure ‘treating customers fairly' principles are adhered to at all times.
· The jobholder will be required to assist CSMs with certain non-operational aspects of these deals. This will include the reviewing of financial information escalated by KL or KOL; the preparation and completion of Export Credit Agent returns certain low-level waiver or consent processes (such as non-standard interest periods); dealing with client late payment escalation (fees and expenses); assisting with the deal closing process;; and acting as a contact point for deal issue escalation.
· The jobholder will be expected to display a strong understanding of risk control matters, identifying areas for possible improvement together with providing and implementing solutions. Awareness of industry developments.
· Providing support for operational queries and issues that are escalated to the team.
Management of Risk
· Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
· Issuer Services operates in both the Debt Capital Markets and the Bank Debt Market – Project and Export Finance and manages a mix of business generation, documentation, operation, and relationship management/customer interface with a broad spectrum of globally based clients. Regular contact will be maintained with a very wide variety of both internal and external customers in a number of locations. The diversity of both customer and location requires the jobholder to be flexible, proactive and up to date on current market standards and practices.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Reasonable understanding of the Project and Export Finance market, and at least 2 years' experience in a complimentary role.
· Client focussed, with a proven record of commitment to excellent customer service.
· Good communicator, both written and verbally.
· Able to work in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively.
· Strong time management and presentation skills.